• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Eyeinfinty advice please

pasta4u

Limp Gawd
Joined
Sep 7, 2009
Messages
253
okay so here is whats going on with me.

I have a q9550 @ 4.2ghz
8 gigs of ram
a 60 gig ocz vertex
2 1TB blacks in raid
radeon 4850 1 gig

I have 2 monitors. One is a scepter that is 24 inch 1920x1200. I have a westinghouse 22inch 1680x1050 monitor.

I want to get a 5850 1 gig. I know its not the best for eyeinfinty , however I will use eyeinfinty on games i can run it on and then use a single monitor for future games. I will buy another video card next spring or whenver Star wars the old republic actual comes out. however I want to make the upgrade and enjoy it.

My 24inch is able to do 1680x1050. So Should I buy a dell 22inch 1050p with display port. Or should I buy a 24inch 1080p monitor ? and have one on the side be the 22inch till ican upgrade in the future.

has anyone run a set up similar where 1 pannel is the od size out ?


This would be the 22inch i'd buy http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8103

I would buy this 24inch http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/...etail.aspx?c=us&l=en&s=dhs&cs=19&sku=320-8277

I under stand the 24inch would offer much greater image quality. however its also more than double the cost.
 
Last edited:
well with 22 inch you can set the graphics higher. larger monitor doesn't necessarily mean better quality. in fact with a higher resolution you'd have to set the graphics settings lower. if you get the 22 could you get a second one as well? dual monitor eyefinity will suck because the center of your screen will be right on the bezel. you will find playing games is more fun on 1 than 2.
if you could get a cheaper 22inch and get two of them you would probably be happier with your buy. by buying 1 monitor and the vid card now, you wont be happy till you get the third monitor
 
well with 22 inch you can set the graphics higher. larger monitor doesn't necessarily mean better quality. in fact with a higher resolution you'd have to set the graphics settings lower. if you get the 22 could you get a second one as well? dual monitor eyefinity will suck because the center of your screen will be right on the bezel. you will find playing games is more fun on 1 than 2.
if you could get a cheaper 22inch and get two of them you would probably be happier with your buy. by buying 1 monitor and the vid card now, you wont be happy till you get the third monitor

Well I'd most likely run the 1 22 inch i have now and the 24 inch.

Have it 22inch /24inch/ 22inch. I know it wont match exactly. But it would be for a few months till ican purcase another 22inch.

The other way would basicly be 24/24/22 untill i can buy another 24inch.
 
I use a similar setup albeit no eyefinity. 22/25/22. i think you'll have a better gaming experience using another 22 vs 24. btw, i use softth for surround gaming.
 
I use a similar setup albeit no eyefinity. 22/25/22. i think you'll have a better gaming experience using another 22 vs 24. btw, i use softth for surround gaming.

How do you find the screen diffrences to be ?
 
it's pretty uniform across. Very slight variant in sizes when dragging items across all three screens. For gaming, this seems to works best if faced with the same options u seem to be. I posted some pic in the forums if u want to see but many members here seem to go with similar setups.
 
The smaller monitor would be cheaper. I'm not sure how mismatched sized monitors would work in Eyefinity. I think you wouldn't be able to accurately use bezel management then, could you?
 
Back
Top