• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity without breaking the bank

For now just go with one big monitor. You can get a nice 50" plasma for like $500.

I went back and forth recently with my three Samsung 2343BWX and my one 40" LCD which was my desktop monitor before the Eyefinity setup.

There's no comparison which is better for gaming. I used to think one large desktop TV was the holy grail of gaming but I'll take three smaller LCDs in an Eyefinity setup (and hopefully NVidia's version of it) any day over one large LCD.

The ideal is getting three 27" - 30" but my three 23" LCDs still blow away my single 40" for gaming experience.
 
I guess, to each their own. Three monitors just for gaming seems a bit crazy, lol, especially since it isn't even supported currently by crossfire. For those planning to run crossfire, I'd definitely hold out on buying three monitors.
 
I guess, to each their own. Three monitors just for gaming seems a bit crazy, lol, especially since it isn't even supported currently by crossfire. For those planning to run crossfire, I'd definitely hold out on buying three monitors.

The hotfix does now let crossfire run with Eyefinity
 
I guess, to each their own. Three monitors just for gaming seems a bit crazy, lol, especially since it isn't even supported currently by crossfire. For those planning to run crossfire, I'd definitely hold out on buying three monitors.

It's not just for gaming, many have multiple screens for several other reasons and now they have the ability to leverage their previous investment even more. Given the choice between one huge screen and three smaller ones, I'll take three any day. Far more flexible.
 
Welp I just pulled the trigger on 3x P2210H's and a 5770. I figure if the 5770 is just definitely not enough then I can rotate it to one of my home systems that's still just using an onboard 3300 and I'll bump myself to a 5850. With a 10% coupon all three Dell's totalled $567.39 including tax and the shipping was free, not a bad deal at all. Then I got to knock-off $100 via Discover rewards Dell gift card redemption. :D I'll post back my findings for posterity.
 
Be sure to post pics to tease those sitting on the fence. :D
 
(pardon my english)

I don't think anything below 5850 is adequate for triple screen widescreen gaming, atleast any serious gaming. There is an adapter from HP that works fine, the code is: AS615AA. I have tested it and it works. I don't know the prise in your country, but I got it from HP supplier for 30 euros.

The main problem with Eyefinity, for me, is refresh rate. So, if you are prepared to do 60Hz, dive into it, and for those who say that details adn fps aren't important, try playing Crysis on low and on high, see the difference. Drastic difference.

At the end, here is a shot of my setup, I know, it isn't much, but you hardly see bezels after a few laps. Setup perfectly fits this subject, it's budget setup :D
http://www.imagesforme.com/show.php/885856_DSC00495.JPG
Hope I was helpful.
 
Back
Top