EyeFinity weirdness w/different res monitors

LanceDiamond

Limp Gawd
I've got the 5870 installed now and it looks....well ok exactly like the 260 it replaced so far (not played any games yet.)

I have played around with configuring EyeFinity and I can't seem to get it quite right. Right now I have two monitors:

Vizio 37in 1080p LCD (1920x1080)
Dell 2405FPW (1920x1200)

The Vizio is wall mounted above the Dell so I figured I could setup a 1x2 group to give me 1920x2280 (2280 = 1080 + 1200) resolution. I've done it numerous times now and every time, it wants to knock the Dell down to 1920x1080 and I wind up with a group whose resolution is 1920x2160 (2160 = 2 x 1080.)

If I split the group back apart and just do extended desktop, I can seperately configure the resolution on each display run each at it's native resolution. When I group them, I can't get at the resolution on anything other than the group itself and I have a small black bar at the top & bottom on the Dell display.

I Googled about this and it looks like EyeFinity is supposed to work with different resolution displays - I mean what if you had a 30 with a 20 in portrait next to it? Would EyeFinity scale the 30 down to 1600x1200 to match up with the 20 then? That doesn't seem right at all.

In messing with the configuration I did have to exit the Catalyst thing and restart multiple times because all the buttons/menus would get grayed out. Once I exit and restart, I can continue - so maybe it's just EyeFinity is a little flaky to configure on different resolutions right now?

Does anyone have a 1x2 setup with different vertical resolution displays setup? If so, how the hell did you do it?

Thanks!

Your google fu is lame

eyefinity doesn't work with mixed resoloutions or mixed orientations. This has been discussed at legnth both here and elsewhere... Many times... Over and over... Oh god please not another thread on this!

Back