Eyefinity Update

I am considering 3x of the NEC 23" IPS displays in portrait. They have native displayport which is pretty much a must. That could be nice once they drop to around $300 each. Hmmm?

Do you notice any shimmering or viewing angle problems/differences of having the monitors in portrait vs in landscape? I'm starting to think that 1920 vertical pixels might be the way to go.

PS Have you tried watching movies maximized in Eyefinity? How does it look? Good or too distracted by the bezels?

For years I have been jealous of you, Kyle. But this really seals the deal for me. I am completely green with envy.

All I can think about since I first looked upon your pictures was how can I convince the wife that I NEED 2 new monitors. And so far I can't come up with anything that I think will fly this close to the holidays.

For years I have been jealous of you, Kyle. But this really seals the deal for me. I am completely green with envy.

All I can think about since I first looked upon your pictures was how can I convince the wife that I NEED 2 new monitors. And so far I can't come up with anything that I think will fly this close to the holidays.

Tell her that if you don't get the additional 2 displays, you'lll em develop envyitis, which is a fatal and incurable disease! ;) Plus she'd be the BEST wife in the world if she allowed you to treat yourself this one time...

Anybody have an opinion on how CPU speed will affect Eyefinity performance? I am getting a 5870 and three 22" LCDs for Eyefinity, and I am considering upgrading to X58/i7 920 (from the specs in my sig) for this as well.
Thoughts?

Btw the HardOCP Eyefinity review was fantastic! So in-depth and professional!

I saw refurb Dell 22" DP panels on sale today at Delloutlet.com for $208.

Bummer! My 3 LG monitors arrive tomorrow and I'm still awaiting for my buddy to get back to me about the DP active adaptor.

Looking at the possibilities of Eyefinity, I reckon that ATI should partner with monitor manufacturers to bring us some sweet lovin' bezeless Eyefinity certified monitors.

I purchased a 5870 last night, argg. This eyefinity crap is killing me. Now I just need two more monitors and im set. Great card by the way, I can max out Crysis completely at 1920x1200. Fun stuff.

The bezels really bother me in portrait mode, its just tooooooo maaaaauuuuchhhhh! I would just go widescreen 24"s, but then again im the idiot running 20x30x20 PLP

This comes at a good time for me. I took my Professional Engineer exam a couple weeks ago and before I went into the test I declared to my wife that, if I passed the exam, I was buying myself *at least* 2 monitors as my reward. Having seen how hard I had been studying, there really was no way she could say no.

Now I just need to get my test results back...

I plan on getting two more monitors so that I can use Eyefinity - just wondering has anyone tried Eyefinity in conjunction with Physx?

I recently installed a spare 9600gt I had as the dedicated physx processor in my system (with an Asus 5870).

Shouldn't be a problem for the 3x37" tvs. However, you will need a displayport adapter for one of them since I very much doubt any tv has displayport.

I am looking into this as a 30" x 3 in landscape as a work set up viewing web pages, lack of desk space is the main road block for now.

Another consideration is heat, my current 30" Dell, GTX295 and Q6600 all throw out a lot of heat. Adding two more screens may make the room unbearably hot in warmer weather. I did originaly look at running 2 or 3 cards to do the same thing till I found out about Eyefinity.

Let's say if someone plays COD on a single monitor a certain amount of the game is viewable at any one time. Will EyeInfinity move what would normally be in a single screen to the side displays?

I noticed in Kyle's EyeInfinity video that part of the character's arm holding the gun was rendered in the left screen. Normally that would be in the middle screen (at least I'm pretty sure it would be).

Anyway I hope my question makes sense to you guys.

Thanks

Let's say if someone plays COD on a single monitor a certain amount of the game is viewable at any one time. Will EyeInfinity move what would normally be in a single screen to the side displays?

I noticed in Kyle's EyeInfinity video that part of the character's arm holding the gun was rendered in the left screen. Normally that would be in the middle screen (at least I'm pretty sure it would be).

Thanks

Modern Warfare 2 (with the help of widescreenfixer) will keep the center of the three screens exactly how you'd see it on a single screen system. Eyefinity will extend the gameworld, not simply expand the center screen to cover the left and right. You see much more gameworld with Eyefinity that you normally wouldn't see on a single screen.

Modern Warfare 2 (with the help of widescreenfixer) will keep the center of the three screens exactly how you'd see it on a single screen system. Eyefinity will extend the gameworld, not simply expand the center screen to cover the left and right. You see much more gameworld with Eyefinity that you normally wouldn't see on a single screen.

For example:

I know this might be overkill, but would this work with 3 x 37in LCD TV's?

This was the first thing I thought when I saw this at Frys. I should buy 2 more 42" displays for this and surround myself in radiation. :cool: But the bezels on HDTVs are usually HUGE (sans some Mitsubishi displays) - on mine, you're talking about 4"+ gaps between displays. :(

Perhaps a better solution is just to buy a large enough HDTV and just modify your FOV like old Quake3 days. When watching that video on HardOCP, it looks like the side monitors is doing some image distorting/stretching anyways...

Those MW2 pix make me wish my last 2x 23" Dells (have one, but kind of need the other 2 lol) would get here already

I have been MW2 crazy, play it like there is no tomorrow and I can not wait for my back ordered monitors to arrive... soon, today would be nice :p haha

Thanks

Commander Fat, I noticed the same thing, but I only think that is the case because he set his center (and side) monitors up in "portrait mode". That only gives 1200 pixels of width, where normally there would be 1920 pixels available. I can't test this because I dont' have an eyefinity setup. But I'll bet if you arranged all three monitors in "landscape mode", the center screen would look identical to your single monitor setup. That of course assumes the game behaves as "hor +" when expanding the FOV. That's another topic however.

Back