Eyefinity questions?

Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
717
I just got my three Dell U2312HM monitors for eyefinity (so tiny compared to my 50" Plasma, haha, hard to read text to be honest). Now, my first question;

Three monitors, two Radeon HD 5970 cards. I thought I could use three DVI as long as I had two cards? But when I plug it in via DVI, it doesn't work. I ordered a displayport cable anyway, just wondering about this.

Second question;

With the bezels, I'm a little confused. I thought that the picture got extended and acted as if the bezels weren't there? The thing is, when I move something over to the other screen, the bezels block out what I'm looking at, rather than splitting it over the two screens.

An example of what I'm talking about; if I move my cursor over to the other screen, when the mouse reaches the bezels, it disappears as if it thinks the bezel is a part of the monitor, until the cursor moves all the way over to the other screen. This is annoying because if I have my window full screen, the bezels block out a good inch and a half of what I'm looking at, rather than splitting it across and skipping the bezels?
 
You need to have every monitor connected to 1 video card, so yes a DP cable is a must.

You don't have to have bezel compensation on during desktop use. When you compensate for bezels you get extra resolutions (i.e. 5760x1080 and 6000x1080). Just set it to 5760x1080 when you're using the desktop.
 
Back
Top