Hey, saw this forum when I was looking for displays, lots of good info 
But I still need some help. I have a 5770
First question is this. How does CF work in eyefinity? I know it didn't used to at all, but a few months ago, a few games started supporting it. This getting better? What about older games, does it still need to be white listed on a per game basis?
Second question. If I buy a 24" 1920*1200 and 2*1600*1200 20" and have the setup go 20-24-20, will eyefinity go to 5120*1200 (1600*2+1920) or will it squish the 24" and make 4800*1200 (1600*3)
Thanks for the help. This'll decide me between the above setup, and a 30" refurb.
Heck, while I'm here, what setup would you prefer, gaming aside? 20" would be HP LP2065's (can get for $112, if there is a better deal on an IPS 1600*1200, I'd take it), and 24" would be Dell u2410.
Alternative is Dell 3007 most likely (or something in that price range on the 'bay), and a 17" 5:4 as a second (pitiful) monitor, but one thats served me for 6 years and still chugging. I'd probably eventually get the 20" 4:3 monitors on this setup too, for portrait, but don't have the cash for that right now.
Thanks for the help!
But I still need some help. I have a 5770
First question is this. How does CF work in eyefinity? I know it didn't used to at all, but a few months ago, a few games started supporting it. This getting better? What about older games, does it still need to be white listed on a per game basis?
Second question. If I buy a 24" 1920*1200 and 2*1600*1200 20" and have the setup go 20-24-20, will eyefinity go to 5120*1200 (1600*2+1920) or will it squish the 24" and make 4800*1200 (1600*3)
Thanks for the help. This'll decide me between the above setup, and a 30" refurb.
Heck, while I'm here, what setup would you prefer, gaming aside? 20" would be HP LP2065's (can get for $112, if there is a better deal on an IPS 1600*1200, I'd take it), and 24" would be Dell u2410.
Alternative is Dell 3007 most likely (or something in that price range on the 'bay), and a 17" 5:4 as a second (pitiful) monitor, but one thats served me for 6 years and still chugging. I'd probably eventually get the 20" 4:3 monitors on this setup too, for portrait, but don't have the cash for that right now.
Thanks for the help!