• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity questions: mixing monitors

mtbush

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Sep 2, 2009
Messages
2,795
So I currently have two Dell Ultrasharp 2209's. I would like to purchase a 3rd LCD for an Eyefinity configuration, but Dell has discontinued the 2209 so I'm now considering the U2311.

How will this work since the 2209's are 1680x1050 (16:10) and the U2311 is 1920x1080 (16:9)? Will CCC just do it's "magic" when creating the Eyefinity group? Or is it going to leave me w/ some odd display configuration issues? :confused:

Thoughts, comments, suggestions are welcome.
 
It won't work, you need the same vertical height.

Do what I did and buy a 3rd display like your first two on craigslist or Ebay, it'll likely be cheaper in the end anyway and you will avoid a whole host of issues as well as have the option to use Nvidia surround at some point if you choose.
 
Thanks for that R-Type, that's what I had feared.

I'm having a hard time locating a 3rd 2209WA through a variety of etailers. I've found some on Ebay but @ $310. Hoping to find one cheaper, but may just have to pony up the $.
 
They don't have any in stock at the moment but you should be able to get one substantially cheaper than that from Dell Outlet.
http://www.dell.com/us/en/dfh/monit.../cp.aspx?refid=monitors_23_20_wfp&s=dfh&cs=22

Alternatively you can always try hitting every BIN or OBO listing on Ebay and offering a $200 price and see what bites.

Finally, you could try a WTB ad in the FS/FT section or CL. You may catch someone who wants a single larger display and would be willing to sell for a good price.
 
Back
Top