• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eyefinity problems

Deltief

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
274
so i updated ccc and now two of my monitors have black borders. I tried to use the scaling option but it wont let me adjust it (the option is grayed out). I lowered the max resolution then tried to use the scaling option but its still wont let me adjust it. Ive been tinkering with this for a few hours now and im pulling my hair out over here. I have a 7970 and im trying to get 5760x1080 resolution. I had it working before I updated ccc so i know its possible. On a side note when I change the resolution to 4800x1200 the black borders go away but this is still unacceptable. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
 
Check the refresh rate for the monitors with black bars - my laptop (HD 2600pro video) did the same thing with my 46" TV, I could not change the underscan/overscan settings. I check the device properties, for some reason it was set to 59Hz instead of 60Hz. Changed it to 60Hz and I regained control of underscan/overscan.
 
its set to 60 but thanks for the suggestion, earlier i tried setting it lower just to see if it would work but no cigar, so its back to 60.
 
Did you try turning off Eyefinity, setting the refresh rate to 59, *THEN* see if you have overscan/underscan control?
 
Well, i disabled eyefinity, turned refresh down to 59...still no help, cranked it down to 50 and Im getting 5760x1080 with no borders anymore, but when I put it back to 60 the black borders return. My knowledge of monitors is limited, will keeping the refresh rate at 50 adversely effect the way games appear?

And thank you very much for the help, I was really starting to lose my cool.
 
Lowering it to 50Hz limits the framerate it can do with vsync on. Still a bit weird - are the misbehaving monitors connected via DisplayPort, DVI, HDMI, or VGA?
 
Back
Top