Eyefinity Possible?

soccermatt34

Limp Gawd
Hi All,

I am a long-time owner of a Dell 2407 and absolutely love it. I am getting two Dell 1908 WFPs courtesy of a friend in the coming week and was hoping to set up triple screens. I have read a little about eyefinity but don't know the ins and outs and there seems to be some confusion around the web about how mix/match screens work with different resolutions.

The setup I would like to do for space concerns is to have the 2407 in landscape with the two 1908s in portrait on either side. Dimension-wise they line up pretty closely although the resolutions are quite different. I currently run an 8800gt and do light gaming in games such as SC2, COD, TF2, Sims 3 and web browsing/microsoft office.

What setup is recommended for the additional monitors? Is it possible or worth pursuing eyefinity by getting something like a 5770 and displayport adapter? What alternatives are there?

Current specs in sig.
Thanks for your help!

10f126o.png

Be aware that Eyefinity (or nVidia surround) wouldn't natively support a setup like this for gaming full-screen.

You can sometimes get around that by running the games in windowed mode at 3720x1200 (where they will stretch across all 3 monitors), or using SoftTH.. but it means more hassle and not all games will work this way.

Also the 1908WFP is a TN screen, so you may have issues with them in portrait: each eye would see them at a different contrast level, so you may get an odd 3D effect.

Although someone else is running similar panels next to a 27" 2560x1440 and didn't find them too bad, so worth a go as they're presumably free anyway.

Would it be possible to force the two outside monitors to 1200x800 to keep vertical resolution consistent?

Back