• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity - Portrait or Landscape?

DChen117

Gawd
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
875
Im trying to decide on whether to hold out for Samsung's special 3x1 monitor or get 3 Dells. From most of the youtube videos ive watched, Landscape seems the most amazing. But I see alot of people using portrait for FPS and such.

So strictly from an "immersion" and "enjoyment" perspective, does portrait offer any significant benefits? I would imagine that having bezels so much closer together would be annoying .
 
Personally I think the portrait formation looks awful. It's just like having a traditional widescreen but bigger and with big bars down the middle. Aspect ratio would be 27:16 or 1.68 compared to 1.77 of the original 16:9 screens? Not really a big difference in user experience besides the annoying bezels, from what has been available for years.

I think the main advantage of Eyefinity, especially for first person games, is the landscape's massive aspect ratio and the wrap around FoV, to add to immersion. Aspect ratio of 48:9 or 5.33? That's a huge visual difference from a basic 16:9 screen.

I haven't seen Eyefinity in action yet, beyond videos on the interwebz but I know I'm not even going to bother setting up portrait mode when I put my eyefinity rig together. I don't really see the point.

EDIT: I'm also holding out for the Samsung displays but if they don't show up by the end of the week then I"ll just go for the NEC EA231WMi's.
 
Im starting to feel the same way. I rather have super FOV.

I just bought a U2410. Im trying to decide on how to flank it. I was thinking either older WFP panels or some nice TN panels. The TNs would probably cost half as much, and the newer models have pretty good viewing angles. My 2yo 28" hannsg looks just fine from the side.

2 Annoyances Ive encountered:
1) Im mostly seeing 19x1080 /w newer models, instead of 19x12. My Dell is 19x12 so I need a 16:10 ratio.

2) My desk is a paltry 4', I have no idea how to fit this. I need at least an extra feet unless Im going to have my LCD sticking into my bed. I think I may simply shift my entire desk setup a bit to the left to accomodate.
 
Back
Top