• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity .. peripheral monitors seem zoomed in.

masterosok

Gawd
Joined
Apr 1, 2008
Messages
969
I am a Eyefinity n00b and when I run a game it looks like the peripheral monitors are zoomed in. It gives it this sort of tunnel vision feel and I was curious if there is a way to combat this.
 
You are supposed to look at the middle monitor. The sides are supposed to be distorted if you look at them straight.
 
Not really. You can change the FOV to something like 25 and the sides will look normal but it screws up the depth. I could not throw a nade for anything in BFBC2. It looked right but just did not play right. Depends on the game I guess.
 
Or the user. The sides monitors are meant to be peripheral. I catch myself looking at it when I'm running across the map every now and then but if you're throwing a nade, you're gonna be looking at the middle monitor. I don't see how you're misjudging distances from the middle monitor unless your FOV isn't right.
 
When I tried the fov fix and set it to 25, it screwed me up. Yes. The proper view has the side monitors magnified. I actually used this to see things without a scope lol.
 
I really don't play that many FPS games... this is more for games like Starcraft II, MMOs were having the the peripheral monitors zoomed it makes things look odd. Even in Deadspace 2 it bothered me.

Where do it change the FOV?
 
Portrait mode eyefinity won't have that distorted zoom effect, so you can look at all three monitors during gameplay, but you won't have as wide of a default FoV. I usually prefer portrait mode for games except for fps where I'm on the fence still.


SC2 doesn't support eyefinity because blizzard considers it cheating.
 
Portrait mode eyefinity won't have that distorted zoom effect, so you can look at all three monitors during gameplay, but you won't have as wide of a default FoV. I usually prefer portrait mode for games except for fps where I'm on the fence still.


SC2 doesn't support eyefinity because blizzard considers it cheating.

There is work around for that, but I don't plan on playing it online... just campaign.
 
I mainly play FPS so +1 for landscape. Wider view of the maps especially in bfcc2 comes in handy.
 
Can we please get back on topic... this isn't an landscape vs portrait thread. I appreciate the feedback but I know where this is headed.

Is there a way to change the FOV in the CCC or is this something that has to be change in each game?
 
Its usually in an ini file

Where that's found can vary but most of the ones I modded were in documents like
documents/<game name>/settings.ini
 
Can we please get back on topic... this isn't an landscape vs portrait thread. I appreciate the feedback but I know where this is headed.

Is there a way to change the FOV in the CCC or is this something that has to be change in each game?

It's game dependant, check out the WSGF.
 
It's game dependant, check out the WSGF.

This.. You'll find some games out there doesn't support eyefinity/surround resolution out of the box. COD series come to mind. Then there are other games that can't be played with eyefinity/surround.
 
Back
Top