Eyefinity on 3 - 47" !!!

Calm down everyone, Eyefinity is a gimmick. 2 x 4890s would give better performance and value.

LOL, With Eyefinity it's not about better value. If you can't afford it then don't knock it. Get 2 5870's, 3 good 16:10 monitors and see what the next Gen of gaming is all about.

Eyefinity is the best thing that has come out of ATI in a while, sure Nvidia has the 3d but who is really enjoying those 3d glasses? no one, not as much as ppl with eyefinity.

Calm down everyone, Eyefinity is a gimmick. 2 x 4890s would give better performance and value.
it's not a gimmick.. It's the next best thing and it's here to stay for sure.

It's the future of PC gaming.. card manufacturers are going to push it hard because it justifies all the GPU up throttling that is going on in the industry right now..monitor manufacturers love it because it means more sales.

--mike

it's not a gimmick.. It's the next best thing and it's here to stay for sure.

It's the future of PC gaming.. card manufacturers are going to push it hard because it justifies all the GPU up throttling that is going on in the industry right now..monitor manufacturers love it because it means more sales.

--mike

Actually I have 2 more monitors on the way for Eyefinity. I was just parroting what many people on these forums say these days. Eyefinity FTW!

lol @ gimmick comment.

3x1080p' here, shift plays great. Because of both the POV making things "skewed" or fish eyed a little on the side monitor and because there generally inst nearly as much action on the side screens, the framerate drop isn't linear. You generally dont see 3x less performance running 3 monitors as 1 in games, except crysis but that game is designed to sell video cards till 2015 :p

Eyefinity is the best thing that has come out of ATI in a while, sure Nvidia has the 3d but who is really enjoying those 3d glasses? no one, not as much as ppl with eyefinity.

Well you surely have not idea what you are talking about. A LOT of people is enjoying 3d and in case you did not notice, somehow, 3d is coming full force and not only for gaming so finally we can move away from freain old 2d experiences.
If you really think 3 screens displaying your 3d games in a 2d flat format is more immersive than 3d vision then you have NEVER tried 3d vision for sure :rolleyes:
I want that chair though....freaking awesome.

3D is total suckage. I seriously don't know how its going to ever catch on main stream. It was cool to see Avatar in 3D, but I will NEVER buy anything 3D for home.

Until they figure out how to make it 3D without glasses and not give a large number of people headaches, it's a niche market.

I have 3x37" hooked up to a 5870 for a while, so immersive, I can't think of a better video game technology to come out in the last...6/7? years.

Good effort, but games look pretty bad on screens that size at that distance, needs to hook up with 3x30 at 2560x1600 and do it properly :)

I have zero interest in racing sims but even I'll admit that is a pretty cool set up. :D

Good effort, but games look pretty bad on screens that size at that distance, needs to hook up with 3x30 at 2560x1600 and do it properly

Just for clairification, iRacing is not a game. It was never ment to be eye candy, instead it is just about the realist racing simuation on the market at the cost of pretty graphics.

NFS Shift on 3x30 high res monitors would look sweet though.

Back