Eyefinity non-native resolutions

Intel_Hydralisk

Supreme [H]ardness
I'm surprised I didn't actually try non-native resolutions until yesterday. Namely, I wanted to see if I could pull some more frames in BC2 since I'd ideally like it to perform as fast as possible in multiplayer without giving up too much eyecandy / eyefinity.

I currently have 3x 1920x1080 displays (5760x1080). If I set the resolution to 4800x900 for example, each monitor shows a cropped image at 1600x900 with black borders to fill in the 1920x1080 picture. I then tried this in a lot of other games (at least 10...) and every single one displayed the same behavior.

I didn't dig too deep into CCC / Windows, but I wanted to know how to change it so that anything non native still remains full screen without cropped images. My monitors are all Dell P2310H (if that has anything to do with it), and I'm currently running Win 7 x64.

Your monitors are probably set to 1:1 mode. Go into their menus and change it to aspect or stretch.

Your monitors are probably set to 1:1 mode. Go into their menus and change it to aspect or stretch.

That's what I suspected at first, but I looked through the menu a few times and there's no such option. The only thing it lets me do is force a 4:3 aspect or maintain a wide aspect.

EDIT: I just did some googling, and it has to do with GPU scaling. However, I don't seem to even have that option in CCC, very confused now :confused:

Last edited:
That's what I suspected at first, but I looked through the menu a few times and there's no such option. The only thing it lets me do is force a 4:3 aspect or maintain a wide aspect.

EDIT: I just did some googling, and it has to do with GPU scaling. However, I don't seem to even have that option in CCC, very confused now :confused:

Its in the CCC somewhere. When I get home I'll see if I can find it.

It somehow fixed itself after I reinstalled the drivers (10.2). I have no idea why though (4800x900 now appears full screen).

However, I still don't have any sort of GPU scaling options in CCC. I have a feeling that somehow it thinks my monitors aren't connected via a digital input (thinks it's VGA or something), so I'm missing a bunch of options when I compare my CCC options to screenshots online.

CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops & Displays -> Click the triangle in the top right corner of the monitor you want to configure -> Configure -> Scaling Options.

CCC -> Graphics -> Desktops & Displays -> Click the triangle in the top right corner of the monitor you want to configure -> Configure -> Scaling Options.

Yup, that's what I thought. That's what googling told me to do as well, but apparently I don't even have the "configure" option:

EDIT: My god... it's the triangle in the LOWER section of displays, and not where I was clicking in the picture. Who the world had the bright idea of separating these options up like that? I sort of feel dumb, but at the same time that's very convoluted compared to nvidia's control panel.

cccy.png

not those ones, the small ones at the bottom left corner of that window, right click, there will be "configure"

Back