• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity in Just Cause 2

pizza65

n00b
Joined
Feb 18, 2010
Messages
28
I've been playing the demo for while now, which looks awesome and runs fantastic at 5040x1050 on a 5850. But there is one issue- when I attempt to hijack a helicopter, the 'struggle' animation with the pilot plays, but the quick time event prompts don't appear, making it impossible to hijack.

Can anyone else with an eyefinity set up reproduce this?
 
Same problem. I've managed to do it a couple times by hitting random numbers, but its very, very annoying.
 
Same problem. I've managed to do it a couple times by hitting random numbers, but its very, very annoying.

Reckon it's just the resolution, or something else? Are you using any mods? I'm using gibbed's hackpack, which *does* have some bugs, wondered if that might be the cause...
 
There is a workaround that involves changing the FoV to 1.70. I don't remember how to do it but if you google just cause 2 fov 1.70 you should find it.
 
If you have the steam version, go to the launch options (right click JC2 -> general -> set launch options) and type /fovfactor = 1.7 like this:

jc2.png


For non-steam versions... I'd imagine you would go to the shortcut and add it at the end of the target.

That basically makes the FOV wider actually. For setups 3x16:10 or 3x16:9, any fovfactor less than 1.7 makes the hijacking prompts disappear.

For setups 3x5:4 or lower, the default fovfactor works fine - in fact anything wider and it breaks the hijacking prompts.
 
Back
Top