Eyefinity help!

KleitusIV

n00b
Hi folks,

I finally splurged and got myself a PLP setup with 20"+30"+20" and it worked fantastic for about 20 seconds until stupid as I was I HAD to push the eyefinity settings "just to see if it worked". Well of course it didn't and now it seems everything is messed up.

I can still enable eyefinity and get a picture on all 3 screens, except it will only work in Landscape for all three (as others had written) and I can't turn the side ones into portrait.

My problem is when I disable eyefinity the two side-screens dissappear completely! It is as if they are not connected to the computer at all. They are not detected in display settings either regular Windows display settings or in AMD driver settings. It only shows as if the middle one is connected nothing else.

I have tried various uninstall and driver cleaner tools and nothing helps. They still will not work at all. However if I go back into eyefinity, it will detect the displays during the process and will create an extended desktop - however only in landscape so not usable at all.

Please help! How do I get my screens back and get rid of this eyefinity??

Additional info:

My two 20" are connected with DVI and the 30" through DP.

If I disconnect the 30" DP screen, the two 20" comes alive and are detected properly. When I connect the DP monitor the two 20" side screens completely dissappear from the settings.

And bear in mind that everything worked perfectly fine before I (stupid!!) had to push the eyefinity button...

What GPU are you using?

Most of them don't support PLP Eyefinity - the R9 285 does support it.

It's a 290x and I know it wont support it. That's why it was so stupid I wanted to try anyway...

My problem is I can't go back! It has messed up normal windows settings, and the two side screens are completely gone from my system outside eyefinity. Even with driver cleaner I can't get back to how it was before I pushed that eyefinity button...

Well I bit down this morning and did a complete wipe of the harddrive and re-installed windows - that helped and now everything is working again.

Crazy that eyefinity can mess up everything like that and that I couldn't get back anything once I had initiated settings with eyefinity. Disable only switched off and disconnected.

Anyone who has experienced this before?

Back