Eyefinity Help (stretched)

FocalFury

n00b
Hey guys
So I'm having a bit of problems hooking up my eyefinity.
I followed Kyle's video tutorial from a bit ago.
I have my desktop looking perfect and running at 5760x1200

All the games I try to play
Dirt 2
MW2
I set the resolution to 5760x1200 but it just stretches 1920x1200 across all 3.

I think I'm missing something key here just not sure what
I'm on 10.2 drivers.

---EDIT---
Bad Company 2 is working fine
so not sure whats up with the others.
---Double EDIT---
Bioshock 2 sees the resolution available but only does clone images and makes each monitor 5760x1200

Aspect ratio is switched to auto, as well as trying to go 16:10

LOL any ideas??

Last edited:
Some games like MW2 don't set the proper FoV.. You can use Widescreen Fixer for that, but if you're playing on Steam I don't know how safe it is to use. Haven't heard of any accounts being banned for it but who knows.

Bioshock 2 is suppose to (surprised it isn't already) be patched like Bioshock 1 was (in Bioshock 1 the option was Lock Horizontal or something.

Dirt 2 and Bad Company 2 should work perfect out of the box, not sure what's up with Dirt 2 for you.

MW2 does the same thing for me, widescreen fixer doesn't help at all. For Dirt2 make sure your aspect ratio in the game is set to "Normal" or "Automatic" (can't remember which one it is exactly).

MW2 does the same thing for me, widescreen fixer doesn't help at all. For Dirt2 make sure your aspect ratio in the game is set to "Normal" or "Automatic" (can't remember which one it is exactly).

Well, Widescreen Fixer only works with the legit .exe

Your best bet may be a trip to widescreengaming forum, they usually have the answers.

First of all, under Displays in the CCC do you show a working 3 monitor eyefinity?
If so, in the game itself, you'll need to select 16:10 or 16:9 aspect to get the EyeFinity to work properly.......it depends on the game.

MW2 apparently has some issues.
Bioshock 2 will need to be patched to work the proper aspect and FOV.
DIRT I don't play.

An example, for my HL2 and other source games to work correctly I had to make sure 16:10 aspect was enabled.

Also, download the 10.3 Preview drivers and get you some Bezel Management...it works flawlessly.
Read this thread for the links:http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1497903

Also pay attention to how I explain the activation of the 10.3 and getting rid of the 10.2s.:D

Your best bet may be a trip to widescreengaming forum, they usually have the answers.

First of all, under Displays in the CCC do you show a working 3 monitor eyefinity?
If so, in the game itself, you'll need to select 16:10 or 16:9 aspect to get the EyeFinity to work properly.......it depends on the game.

MW2 apparently has some issues.
Bioshock 2 will need to be patched to work the proper aspect and FOV.
DIRT I don't play.

An example, for my HL2 and other source games to work correctly I had to make sure 16:10 aspect was enabled.

Also, download the 10.3 Preview drivers and get you some Bezel Management...it works flawlessly.
Read this thread for the links:http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1497903

Also pay attention to how I explain the activation of the 10.3 and getting rid of the 10.2s.:D

awesome I will download those i didnt know they were out :)
I'll have to try and patch bioshock
Bad Company 2 I'm just fiddling with the FOV now.
:)

Yea they have a list of known hor+ widescreen games, and fixes, definitely a good resource for anyone using Eyefinity since those guys have been doing it since TripleHead2Go and SoftTH.

Also if you are playing MW2 single player you can unlock the console, then use cg_fov 120 or around there to get a better FoV going.

awesome I will download those i didnt know they were out :)
I'll have to try and patch bioshock
Bad Company 2 I'm just fiddling with the FOV now.
:)

I just realized the date...9 March....not that the preview drivers are bad, I'm using them and the bezel management is awesome.....you just might want to wait a week for the "official" 10.3s to be published by ATI, that's all. Also read the [H] article on 10.2 and 10.3 to learn how to use the bezel management software, it's really simple and works very,very well. link:http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/02/17/amds_ati_catalyst_102_103_preview/

As I said, I'm using the 10.3 preview I got from megaupload and they're excellent and installed without a hitch.:p

The game needs A) The right resolution B) the right FOV

2D elements are a hit or miss (stretched or not).

If a game doesn't work by setting the right resolution, then the first place I'd go is widescreen gaming forums to see if they have a fix. A fix can be as easy as changing the FOV number in a text file or having to download a 3rd party program to change it.

in games like dirt2, make sure the aspect ratio is set to normal and not widescreen. i found setting it to widescreeen stretched it.

Thanks Rogue. I was trying to run Dirt 2 in Eyefinity last night and it looked stretched. Im gonna try setting it to normal.

why does it appear all stretched in Dirt 2?

it is slightly better if i set the the aspect ration to 5:3 rather than 16:10 with three 1920x1200 screens, but it still isn't right, and is frankly illogical!

cheers.

Back