Eyefinity group creation.

criccio

Fully Equipped
I'm about to rage so hard right now. I'm HATE CCC. (10.12a)

20 minutes ago I had a working Eyefinity group and a Profiles setup to switch to that group and back to extended desktop mode. Switching from extended desktop to Eyefinity worked fine but switching back to extended desktop had my 3 monitors positions all wrong...... :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I deleted both my profiles and started over.

Now, when I'm in extended desktop mode and that profile is all saved, I go to create a new group like normal, but it tries to create the Eyefinity group ALL ON MY MIDDLE MONITOR!

AMD.... WTF? :confused:

As for the position thing, I find creating the extended desktop profile FIRST is the best way to make sure they are in the correct position when you switch. Othewise, create a hot key shortcut and hit it twice. The first time the displays will be all messed up...the second time you hit it, they should go back to their normal positions.

From the sounds of it, you did create the extended group first...so hopefully it works for you.

As for eyefinity, did you get the prompt to disable extended desktops? You'll need to do this before it creates the group. Once it does, it should start the process. You'll once again tell it where to put each monitor, and that's that.
Make sure in the windows settings you are in extended desktop mode, and not desktop cloning. Might make a difference...not sure.

Yup, I get the prompt to disable the extended mode. Keep in mind, this isn't my first time creating a working Eyefinity group so i'm familiar with the process. Its just once you click OK to disable the extended mode, both side monitors go into standby and the eyefinity group is created on my single main monitor... hard to explain.

Like if I click "No" when it asks if they are positioned correctly and it normally turns one screen blue, it turns 1/3 of my main monitor blue.... So weird!

EDIT

Here is what I mean.

After I click OK to kill the extended mode, both side monitors turn off and I get this (full screen print screen):
FmtxE.jpg

If I click No:
yIOMV.png

Last edited:
Switch back to normal twice. The first time may jumble the order, just switch again and the order is right.

Woah...that's really....odd. Perhaps try switching the ports on the card? What kind of screens are you using, and what kind of plugs/adapters?

Switch back to normal twice. The first time may jumble the order, just switch again and the order is right.

Thats not my problem anymore. I can't even get an Eyefinity group setup.

Woah...that's really....odd. Perhaps try switching the ports on the card? What kind of screens are you using, and what kind of plugs/adapters?

3x NEC EA231WMi's w/ native DP. Two of them hooked up with DVI and the third with a mini-DP to DP adapter to DP cable. Pretty much the ideal setup as no conversion has to happen.

Thats not my problem anymore. I can't even get an Eyefinity group setup.

Well that may be your problem right now... but your original problem was:

Switching from extended desktop to Eyefinity worked fine but switching back to extended desktop had my 3 monitors positions all wrong......

And your first action was to delete the profiles. You didn't have to do that. If you ever do get the profiles working again but it still jumbles the monitors going from eyefinity group to extended, just do what I said earlier and enable the extended profile again and it'll correct the order.

As for your current order, I've never experienced it myself. My best suggestion would be to reinstall the drivers.

I had this exact same problem and still do randomly. Switching back doesn't do it and neither does reinstalling all of the drivers and CCC.

Hoping for a solution?

Well that may be your problem right now... but your original problem was:

And your first action was to delete the profiles. You didn't have to do that. If you ever do get the profiles working again but it still jumbles the monitors going from eyefinity group to extended, just do what I said earlier and enable the extended profile again and it'll correct the order.

As for your current order, I've never experienced it myself. My best suggestion would be to reinstall the drivers.

Even when you do that it still doesn't stick the next time you switch between different presets(profiles).

Even when you do that it still doesn't stick the next time you switch between different presets(profiles).

It works for me. I have my two profiles hotkeyed. When I got from eyefinity to extended, I hit the extended hotkey twice and the monitors are ordered right.

Back