• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity gives No bios/windows image

Joined
Feb 24, 2010
Messages
641
I have three 23" 1920*1080.

2 of them connected with DVI, last on with DP, the last display has built in DP in display.

Hot to get image on displays:
anytime I power on pc no bios no windows screen.
I have to turn off PC power then turn off PSU then remove DP cable then turn power to psu and PC back on, now the 2 DVI displays boot bios then boot windows with display now I plug DP(in windows) and the last on also show image.

Is there a way to get all 3 displays boot up without the above?
 
Very strange problem.. I know some of the Dell monitors are completely turned off if you push the power button, does starting the computer up with the DP monitor turned off change anything?
 
I solved the problem by buying a VGA-DP adapter.

however having the eyefinity with digital signal would be nice preferred, but I guess this is not possible as the problem is not common?
 
I solved the problem by buying a VGA-DP adapter.

however having the eyefinity with digital signal would be nice preferred, but I guess this is not possible as the problem is not common?

I run 2 dvi and one dp ... I get the primary dvi and the dp to display in bios... but not the 3rd dvi...
lol...

interesting quirk... yeah I have not had an issue in bios before...
I use an accell dp adapter
 
The problem is actually with my Saphire 5850, when I connect Display port cable to Asus 5850 the problem is removed.

Is there any way to get digital on the saphire, maybe flash the card with new bios?
 
If it works right with on and not the other then it sounds liek BIOS update would be the only fix. I get display all the way through the BIOS to Windows on any port that I plug in on my XFX 5870s. It seems like there are a lot of unpublished BIOS updates for the 5000 series cards if you contact support. Maybe they have a newer version that can help with that.
 
could the fact that I have installed S1 R2 anyway have effected the card(?).

the core and VRM temps are fine.
 
I run 2 dvi and one dp ... I get the primary dvi and the dp to display in bios... but not the 3rd dvi...
lol...


interesting quirk... yeah I have not had an issue in bios before...
I use an accell dp adapter

I use (3) 24" Dells (all with DVI/DP/VGA ports) and Mine does the same. The DVI and DP (middle and right screen in my setup) show BIOS just fine. Third remains "off" until the windows splash screen starts drawing.

I've been running eyefinity since the day the 5870 was released and it's been that way since back then. I always assumed it was done like that on purpose for some reason.
 
I use (3) 24" Dells (all with DVI/DP/VGA ports) and Mine does the same. The DVI and DP (middle and right screen in my setup) show BIOS just fine. Third remains "off" until the windows splash screen starts drawing.

I've been running eyefinity since the day the 5870 was released and it's been that way since back then. I always assumed it was done like that on purpose for some reason.

Mine does this aswell on 2 display's, however when using native DP screens for just a short moment power on as can be seen on power led lights but then all get power off.

I suspect If I could any any form make the DVI display primary this could be solved.

It is tiring to remove DP cable and put it back in when windows loads lol..
 
Back
Top