• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity Co-op...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joined
Apr 5, 2008
Messages
3,622
Well, I just thought of this...probably been posted, excuse me if it has.

So, with Eyefinity, and the multiple monitor setup...is it possible to co-op with them? Consoles games are becoming more co-op prevalent, and games like Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising have the 4 player element to them on PC, and others suck as Gears of War, etc. So, would it be possible to co-op on these with Eyefinity? The way I look at it is it renders the world anyways, so it would be the same as it is on two screens if you were playing by yourself, correct? This could be really interesting for the people that do want to do co-op locally, but don't like consoles/don't have them. I'd suspect you'd have to either use only gamepads or KB/M and then a gamepad, however I suppose that could be solved as well.
 
If you don't have a console, buy one since apparently you spent money on 3 monitors + a 5 series card.

If you don't like consoles, I doubt you're into 'co-oping' on the same monitor.

I don't think it's so much about the display as much as it is the game itself. As in, this isn't happening not because people lack the ability to display the game on multiple monitors, but rather games themselves don't support it. Eyefinity takes something that games already support (it's treated as a single monitor to the game...). So, I don't see how having eyefinity would change anything.
 
If you don't have a console, buy one since apparently you spent money on 3 monitors + a 5 series card.

If you don't like consoles, I doubt you're into 'co-oping' on the same monitor.

I don't think it's so much about the display as much as it is the game itself. As in, this isn't happening not because people lack the ability to display the game on multiple monitors, but rather games themselves don't support it. Eyefinity takes something that games already support (it's treated as a single monitor to the game...). So, I don't see how having eyefinity would change anything.

You're misunderstanding.

I have a console. Some people find spending money on PC components a worthy cost and don't have the extra money for a console they might or might not want. I like consoles. I play mine all the time. Games can and do support co-op. For instance, L4D does. Games CAN support it, and they can start making co-op games for the PC as well. I'm saying, in theory, if this worked, it could be nice. I'm not saying load up Mirror's Edge and magically pop another character in somewhere. Come on...:rolleyes:
 
You're misunderstanding.

I have a console. Some people find spending money on PC components a worthy cost and don't have the extra money for a console they might or might not want. I like consoles. I play mine all the time. Games can and do support co-op. For instance, L4D does. Games CAN support it, and they can start making co-op games for the PC as well. I'm saying, in theory, if this worked, it could be nice. I'm not saying load up Mirror's Edge and magically pop another character in somewhere. Come on...:rolleyes:

I don't play left 4 dead. But are you talking about natively supported same computer split screen co-op? Because I know the xbox version has it, does the pc version have it?

And obviously I'm not talking about a single player game. Co-op doesn't imply same computer.
 
I think...........that if a PC game has a"local" co-op mode, then it would certainly work on the EyeFinity software.

But..........unless I'm wrong, most "co-op" modes on the PC are internet linked, and 2 or 4 players join on the internet to play together, rather than co-op-ing off a single machine as on the XBox 360.

I am more of a single player guy, so I don't use that mode much, except to play online with my kids in L4D occasionally.......my idea of PC co-op is the survivor mode in L4D.
 
Okay, I'll try to make my point as clear as possible...

Let's say a game is announced to come out in December for PC that allows 2 players on the same PC to play side by side. 2 controllers, or kb/m then controller, or some variation is used. If the player has one screen, they obviously have to play on it. HOWEVER, if they had Eyefinity, they could have a screen to themselves...
 
i think a pc game would have to be coded for local "split-screen" co-op support in the first place even before considering eyefinity co-op (or dual mon co-op for that matter), which i'm not sure of any pc games that are.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top