• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

eyefinity built in scaler?

wadec22

2[H]4U
2FA
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
4,030
So I have all the pieces together for my eyefinity setup, except the 5870, which will be here thursday.

I'm using two 26" 16:9's and one 24" 16:10. My question is; will ATI's eyefinity drivers scale the 24" picture to take up the whole screen? Nvidia's drivers do it, just not sure if eyefinity is capable.

Thanks!
 
probably not. i do beleive the 24's aspect ratio (and resolution) will have to match that of the others, which will mean black bars for you. bezel compentsation wont work either since your screens are different.
 
The 16:10 (1920x1200?) should end up at 16:9 1920x1080 (assuming your 26" are this), but stretched vertically to fill the whole monitor. I didn't mess around with mine enough when I ran mixed aspect ratios to see if I could set it in CCC, I know when I had 5:4 mixed with 16:9 I just set the monitors themselves to pillarbox.
 
The 16:10 (1920x1200?) should end up at 16:9 1920x1080 (assuming your 26" are this), but stretched vertically to fill the whole monitor. I didn't mess around with mine enough when I ran mixed aspect ratios to see if I could set it in CCC, I know when I had 5:4 mixed with 16:9 I just set the monitors themselves to pillarbox.

This is what I'm hoping for. Nvidia's drivers were able to just stretch the image vertically to fill the screen.
 
Back
Top