• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Eyefinity broke when adding nvidia card

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazon3d

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 19, 2007
Messages
454
Okay so I had been going along fine with 3 monitors. I am running a 5850 and play BFBC2 on it just fine. I wanted to add a 4th monitor so I can keep track of time and vent info and what not. So I had an extra PCI-E slot and a 8400GS so I put it in, installed drives, and started setting it up when I noticed that I could either run extended desktop or clone mode. I cannot get out of clone mode to do 5040x1050 rez. Anyone know what I am missing? Does having an nvidia card installed mean you are not allowed to use the awesomeness you purchased?
 
With my ATI/Nvidia hybrid PhysX setup, I ran into issues where the ATI control panel didn't seem to see that the 5870 was the main card and would complain that it wasn't supported on the current GPU. I swapped some cards in and out for PhysX benchmarking, and after Windows installed a new ATI card (using the existing drivers, but it detected new hardware and such), the ATI control panel started working fine.

You might fix it by removing the ATI card from Device Manager and letting it reinstall it, now that the Nvidia card has been installed.
 
Tried that, still only allowing Clone or Extended desktop.

Edit, the solution was to disable the nVidia display then create the Eyefinity setup then re-enable the nVidia display.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top