Eyefinity and the next generation

ShuttleLuv

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 12, 2003
Messages
7,534
Hey all. Hows it going? I've been very impressed with eyefinity lately. It really has gone a notch up on my scale of kick ass. And the bezel management only adds to that. But I wonder - will eyefinity be viable / playable when games start coming out with newer, more demanding engines? Take Rage for example. Doom 4. Anything with a new engine, not UE3 or some engine that can scale resolution really well. Something that really taxes and pushes so many effects it cripples eyefinity's massive resolution. Crysis 2? I'm not saying this is going to happen, it just kinda puts me off. Makes me wonder. Like do you guys ever forsee the time when you load up that new game on Eyefinity and it is just too crippled framerate wise because of the demanding resolution?

Any thoughts?
 
It's gonna be like running high settings on a 1280x1024 compared to medium settings at 1920x1200.. gonna have to really buy top of the line hardware if you want a chance at highest settings but probably gonna have to end up sacrificing some IQ to get the Eyefinity..

I find it totally worth it though.. field of vision is doing way more for me than the difference between medium and high settings.would.
 
Back
Top