Eyefinity and CrossfireX

Exeodus

[H]ard|Gawd
With the 9.12 Hotfix driver enabling CrossfireX in Eyefinity applications, I was wondering if anyone has the answer to, or some links to answer the following questions.

• Is the 5970 still the only card to support Eyefinity in CrossfireX currently?

• Has anyone tried Eyefinity while running a 5850, 5870, 5770, or 5750 in CrossfireX?

• With two cards in CrossfireX, are you limited to three ports (2 DVI, 1DP) or six ports (three from each card)

I am sure I am not the only one with these questions, so hopefully we can gather some good information here.

Thanks in advance.

With the 9.12 Hotfix driver enabling CrossfireX in Eyefinity applications, I was wondering if anyone has the answer to, or some links to answer the following questions.

• Is the 5970 still the only card to support Eyefinity in CrossfireX currently?

• Has anyone tried Eyefinity while running a 5850, 5870, 5770, or 5750 in CrossfireX?

• With two cards in CrossfireX, are you limited to three ports (2 DVI, 1DP) or six ports (three from each card)

I am sure I am not the only one with these questions, so hopefully we can gather some good information here.

Thanks in advance.

Take a look at Kyle's response... Its a matter of what games they tested and what games you plan to play... Support it seems is still lacking..

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1483592&page=2

"I am currently NOT suggesting CF and Eyefinity yet. There is more work to be done before you rely on that as your primary gaming system and I think the 5970 numbers point that out."

Yep.. it's not fully baked yet... when it is though I will be shopping for another 5870 ;)

I think you just enable/disable your display group in ccc... didn't need a reboot in Kyle's video.

Back