Extremely Paranoid!!!!!!!!!!!

>WP< $lipKnot

Limp Gawd
Left my machine on when I took a nap today. Woke up and no power it would not come on at all until I reset my CMOS. Now it works fine.

I am now extemely paranoid about this expensive machine I just built 2 months ago.

Why would it do such a thing? any of you guys have pointers or an explanation of why it did it?

Here was my setup when it got weird.

Asus p4c800-e Deluxe
Intel P4 3.4c oc'd to 3.75
Coolermaster Jet 4 cpu cooler
BFGTECH 6800 GT OC'd to 400/1100
1 gig of GeIL ultra platinum ddr at 400mhz 2x512mb sticks
2 Seagate 80 gig barracuda hard drives
1 Western Digital 200 gig Caviar SE hard drive
1 Lite-on 8x dvd+rw
1 generic 52x cdrw / 16x dvd rom combo
Antec TruePower 550 PSU
2 80mm Antec Blue led fans
1 60mm Antec fan
2 blue cathode lights
2 vantec hard drive coolers

Now I have my proc at stock speed and my vidcard at only a slight overclock.

{OC'n}Cyborg said:
I just hate when grimlens hack your boxen while you were napping :D

Very Funny! :D :p ;)

I think I got greedy with the overclock. I dont know though?

I am too paranoid to overclock now. Do you blame me?

I think god was trying to tell me I am going to fry out my machine and I should wait to go for the big OC until I get a new CPU cooler.

The Jet 4 looks really cool but is only slightly better than stock. :(

FYI overclocking and frying doesnt relate unless you have liquid cooling. Your cpu / comp will shut off if the cpu gets too hot; you can even set a shut-off temp in your bios. Your setup probably is not stable and crashed.

If your having problems with the power, then your psu could be undervolting. I have the 480 and after testing it, I found that it undervolts ocasionaly. More than likely your setup is not stable. Download something like Prime95 and run the torture test to see if your comp is stable.

with a p4c800 you should have just been able to hold the insert key when booting to boot at stock clock settings, then when you entered your bios, just exit and save as it keeps your past settings, this is something being built into many mobo's now adays witht he growing community of OC'ers, when the sytem crashes and then fails to boot, it is A LOT easier then resetting the CMOS. but you probably already knew that.

frag85 said:
with a p4c800 you should have just been able to hold the insert key when booting to boot at stock clock settings, then when you entered your bios, just exit and save as it keeps your past settings, this is something being built into many mobo's now adays witht he growing community of OC'ers, when the sytem crashes and then fails to boot, it is A LOT easier then resetting the CMOS. but you probably already knew that.

tried that and it didnt work. I found out I got a bad Antec TP 550 and it messed up my motherboard. Everything worked after resetting my cmos but not up to par. So I took back the psu and exchanged my motherboard for a new one. I am happy to see that I did not burn up my proc or ram. I got an Enermax 651P-Ve 550watt and This thing purrs like a kitten with a fresh bag of catnip.

Back