Extreme tech article: "SLI and CrossFire Push Power Supplies to the Limit"

contaminant said:
You should pretty much know that already if you're considering a dual card setup.
I agree. If your going to spend the dough on hefty Vcards, do yourself a favor and get a beefy psu.

Personally I have a 550w Enermax and a Pc&P 510sli, and while they arent priced the same they are equally capable :)

Currently only with 7800GT sli.

contaminant said:
You should pretty much know that already if you're considering a dual card setup.

Heh,Heh You shouldnt just know it, you should only use a beefy supply if you have a dual set up. I have a PC P&C 510 SLI and I wonder when the day will come that it wont be enough......what a shame, its a nice unit.....and wasnt cheap.

Broken link?

Also, it's pretty well-known, considering the kinds of PSUs nVidia certifies for SLI setups. 500W and above only, please.

Asian Dub Foundation said:
not to mention the new quad sli will prolly need the PCP&C 800 and 1000 watt psus
It's gonna be a sad day when a 1kilo unit is necessary to keep your PC running LOL

Those of you with SLI and Crossfire might want to check out this article.

Extreme tech article: "SLI and CrossFire Push Power Supplies to the Limit"

http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1932958,00.asp

In a nutshell, some PSU's can't deliver enough 12 volt amperage to drive everything in your computer so they overload and shutdown.

If link doesn't work, then go to www.extremetech.com and scroll down until you see title of article

Back