EXTREME spyware, major and urgent help needed!!!!

swirly

Gawd
Okay, I was searching the web and I realized spyware was on my pc. My taskbar disapears on bootup, along with the start button, my icons, and task manager does not work. I have used all the regestry cleaners and spyware cleaners I can find. Can someone help me, I researched and try what others ahve faced but no luck. I am in major need, this sucks. Does anybody have a good program or registered resgitry cleaner I can use. Please guys. HJT wouldn't download on this pc, so am I done, do I have to reformat..

Might as well...once your PC gets infected to that level, you'll put way too many hours in scans/updates/headaches to get it to a point that still won't be as clean as a reformat and reinstall.

where I attacking the issue, Id first install ProcessGuard (freeware version) in safemode start it off from scratch removing all entries and then approving only the default XP processes to run (deny any other process without writing a rule if you can help it, if not note what process you did deny and write the rule), disable your XP restore points, then install a trial of NOD32 allowing it to both install and run with Processguard and try to locate any malware, and then RootKitRevealer (freeware)
allowing it to run with Processguard the enteries you would allow are
rootkitrevealer.exe, gsvrflhi.exe and chcp.com
the run HijackThis

then default processes are
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263201 (& XP)

at which point youd start up different aps and write rules
after your pretty confident your clean you might consider getting the full version of ProcessGuard
as it can block any changes or new applications and is more powerful
its a fairly useful tool to disrupt an infection and dig it out provided you can sucessfully install it, Ive had one version of the Cool Web Search Trojan that didnt allow me that low level access and blocked its installation, but is best employed from a new install within a layered defense

After about 500 crashes and many headaches.. I went to a restaurant, relaxed, ate 40 buffalo wings, and cooled off. I then somehow made it a shitload better. Thanks for everything anyways, but yeah. I am not fat btw. lol...

Ice Czar said:
where I attacking the issue, Id first install ProcessGuard (freeware version) in safemode start it off from scratch removing all entries and then approving only the default XP processes to run (deny any other process without writing a rule if you can help it, if not note what process you did deny and write the rule), disable your XP restore points, then install a trial of NOD32 allowing it to both install and run with Processguard and try to locate any malware, and then RootKitRevealer (freeware)
allowing it to run with Processguard the enteries you would allow are
rootkitrevealer.exe, gsvrflhi.exe and chcp.com
the run HijackThis

then default processes are
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=263201 (& XP)

at which point youd start up different aps and write rules
after your pretty confident your clean you might consider getting the full version of ProcessGuard
as it can block any changes or new applications and is more powerful
its a fairly useful tool to disrupt an infection and dig it out provided you can sucessfully install it, Ive had one version of the Cool Web Search Trojan that didnt allow me that low level access and blocked its installation, but is best employed from a new install within a layered defense

I think he got all the basic, could also try spy sweeper, ad-aware, spybot

Polarhound said:
Ever work for Packard Bell Tech Support? :)
"and if that doesn't work, replace the mainboard" would land him a position at Best Buy, wouldn't it? :D

SpywareBlaster from JavacoolSoftware seems to work good to keep spyware from comming back. At least on the clients computers I installed it on they haven't been getting spyware. I really find the main thing that helps is SP2. The yellow bar helps quite a bit.

Ice Czar seems to have the best removal plan ever!

Back