Extract audio/video from a PC --> 4 TVs

lauraparis

n00b
Hello,

I'm in the final steps for opening my fitness center in Paris, but I have a final question. Total mystery for me.

On my PC, I have a playlist of .avi and .mp4 videos (I'll change them every day).
I want to extract sound/video from my PC and send them to the 4 giant TVs. So, all TVs will display the same music videos at same moment.

My HUGE problem is that, in my office, I want to split my PC monitor in two to control what I send to the TVs and check that all is ok: on the left part of the monitor, I want to see my normal desktop (to check the paylist, etc.), and on the right part, I want to see the videos, exactly what my clients will see. Of course, I never want that my clients see the mouse pointer, texts, etc., I don't want that they see what I'm doing: only music videos for hours and hours.

Splitting my PC monitor like that is possible? May I need 2 PC monitors?

Where plugging the two PC monitors?
The HDMI port of the Graphic Card is already use to send the video signales to the Bluestream video splitter (which allows to send the videos to the 4 TVs).
- So, I plug one PC monitor to the DisplayPort of the Graphic Card? If so, where can I plug the second monitor? To the HDMI output of the Bluestream splitter?

Thanks a lot!

Laura

configuration.jpg

You'll want one output of the splitter going to a local display (so you can monitor it's output). If the bluestream has an hdmi output, that sounds like a good option.

You'll want one output of the splitter going to a local display (so you can monitor it's output). If the bluestream has an hdmi output, that sounds like a good option.
Thanks Nobu.
As from my office I see the 4 TVs, maybe, I can check directly the TVs to check if all is ok with the video screened? No other monitor needed?
So, from the Graphic Card:

• HDMI port to send the videos to the splitter (and 4 TVs)
  • Displayport to send the "office desktop" on a PC monitor?

As from my office I see the 4 TVs, maybe, I can check directly the TVs to check if all is ok with the video screened? No other monitor needed?
You could do that or you could probably hook the HDMI output from the splitter to your office monitor as a second connection. Most monitors have multiple connections and will let you switch between display inputs and some can do picture in picture(second screen up in the corner), split screen(screen split into four), or picture by picture(2 screens side by side, aspect ratio might be messed up).

I would connect primary pc monitor to displayport of gpu. Secondary video output from gpu goes directly to splitter HDMI input. Secondary monitor for pc connected to HDMI output of splitter. The rest of the tvs connected to output 1-4 of splitter.

Back