Extra 92mm Fan

But if i just cut a hole what is gonna hold it up and where can i get the filters things?

Originally posted by Shawn
But if i just cut a hole what is gonna hold it up and where can i get the filters things?

Drill 4 holes around the Blowhole for the fan screw.
Fan grill can be found anywhere, almost every computer shop as them.

but 92mm are hard to find. my case now has a 92mm blow hole and i cant find a led fan or fan grill anywhere around here. luckily i wont have this case for much longer.

JEEVES

where is "around here"? also, try putting JEEVES in your signature since you seem to, uh, sign all your posts with it.

Originally posted by JEEVES/whohasmyname?
but 92mm are hard to find. my case now has a 92mm blow hole and i cant find a led fan or fan grill anywhere around here. luckily i wont have this case for much longer.

JEEVES

if your not going to have the case much longer then whats the point of this thread?

First off who gives a shit where my name is. I have always been taught that at the end of a letter (and a post is considered a letter) you sign your name. And second did you look at where my location is........around here would be Texas. Damn you seem like a very angry little child.

JEEVES

Originally posted by DRJ1014
if your not going to have the case much longer then whats the point of this thread?

I didnt start this thread. Jesus what is this bash Jeeves day, man fuck all of you

JEEVES

How about you read the whole thread and find out the adventure of who made this thread. rofl.

whoa... oopps. sorry im really tired right now....

also there is a edit/delete button. your posts are like 2 mins

First off who gives a shit where my name is. I have always been taught that at the end of a letter (and a post is considered a letter) you sign your name. And second did you look at where my location is........around here would be Texas. Damn you seem like a very angry little child.

JEEVES
I wasn't angry, just doing my part to educate.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=signature

sig.png

I just threw in my two cents about 92mm fans and the only replies (not even about this thread) are derogatory comments towards how I fucking post. For god sake man I know where the fuck the signature box is in the profile edit. And I know what the definition of signature is. Do I need to reiterate what I said before? It doesn’t matter where I sign my name. And shadow reaper yes I am angry, Fucking Nazi over there criticizing how I post. And then someone else trying to make a smart ass comment, directed at me none the less. For crying out loud you don’t come into someone’s thread and just start bashing people who post on it. If you want to do that then start up your own fucking thread and in title it Bash Here.

Shawn I am sorry for hijacking your thread.

JEEVES

i know a lot of people that do what JEEVES does. how he signs his name at the bottom. a lot of people do that.

Jeeves a little warning. talking like that may get you banned. just trying to warn you

Don't warn him, You have no authority to "warn". Just let him get banned on his own.. No needs to be warned

just trying to be nice. but ya should just let him get banned

i know a lot of people that do what JEEVES does. how he signs his name at the bottom. a lot of people do that.

Jeeves a little warning. talking like that may get you banned. just trying to warn you
Yeah man, he said my name wrong. I won't stand for that.

Anyway, I seem to remember someone wanting to know about a 92mm fan dealy . . . . .

I would cut a blow-hole on the top of the case and mount the fan there. There are a number of blow-hole cutting walk-throughs on the internet if you need some hand-holding. Try searching through the FAQ and Googling.

You can find a diagram to print out and use as guide at:
http://www.hitechmods.com/images/diagrams/fans/92mm-Fan-1.jpg

You can find 92mm lighted fans at:
http://www.svc.com/ledfans92.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/th92blledsmf.html
http://www.pctoys.com/ProductDetails.aspx?productID=111

You can find a 92mm fan filter at:
http://www.svc.com/92mmfanfilter.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/92filfanguar.html

You can find 92mm fan grills at a myriad of places including:
http://www.svc.com/fans-fangrill92.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/fanguards.html

Hope that was everything. Happy modding and good luck. :)

To actually contribute to this thread (!) I would have to say that I would not recommend a blowhole, just because with a power supply and the 80mm fan in back as exhaust and only one 80mm fan as intake, adding another exhaust fan will create a very negative case pressure that will be loud and will get your case dustier than you want. I would use the 92mm fan as an intake, probably by cutting a hole in the window and having it blow in that way.

i would have to disagree.

i have a 80mm blow hole and before i had it my case was running at 91F and ever since i put it in i have been running at 87F.

have you looked at newegg.com or xoxide.com or outpost.com or frozencpu.com

Aye, I have used 80mm blowholes for years and they move plenty of air out of the top of the case, even at 5v speed.

There are tons of grills for 92mm, wtf are you talking about? Ever heard of a place called FrozenCPU?
Grill 1

Grill 2

Grill 3

angleoffantasy.jpg

^^^^^ WE HAVE ALL SEEN YOUR DAMN CASE

i would have to disagree.

i have a 80mm blow hole and before i had it my case was running at 91F and ever since i put it in i have been running at 87F.
what kinds of intake fans do you have in your case?

i had a stock case fan laying around and i put the stock fan in there.

I am not sure that I understand... are you saying that you put the stock fan as intake or you used it as the blowhole?

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
where is "around here"? also, try putting JEEVES in your signature since you seem to, uh, sign all your posts with it.

as taken from your link "One's name as written by oneself, or The act of signing one's name. "
key phrase there would be WRITTEN BY ONESELF and signing one's name.
not electronically implanted into body by a machine... kthnx

some people are just plain idiots... ^^^

and to add to this thread, if you worried about fan grills, but dont want a single 80, try putting 2 up there... i have, and it pushes a ton of air... more than a single 92 would...

-3N1GM4 ;) :D

Originally posted by 3N1GM4
as taken from your link "One's name as written by oneself, or The act of signing one's name. "
key phrase there would be WRITTEN BY ONESELF and signing one's name.
not electronically implanted into body by a machine... kthnx

some people are just plain idiots... ^^^
I am having a hard time understanding what you are talking about.
I have always been taught that at the end of a letter (and a post is considered a letter) you sign your name.

What would be the best place to put my extra 92mm fan? IS there a place i could put it to lower my CPU temps?

your cpu temps are beassed on your cpu fan. the case fans are used to keep the compnents inside the case cool. the fans make just a little difference on the cpu temps.

my cpu temps arent beassed just on the cpu fan. theres actually quite a difference with just the heatsink fan and when i have all my other fans on.

the case fans make the slightest difference on the cpu temps. you could have 5 case fans and a areo cool 7 and the temps would be the same if you had 7 case fans and a areo cooler 7

I'm pretty sure case fans only affects case temps. Hence the name correct? And blowholes are only good for HDD temps IMHO since they are the only one really affected by the heat.

And JEEVES, directron.com serves us down here with all kind of fan grill sizes. Shipping is cheap and fast within the state. Quit your bitching.

the case fans make the slightest difference on the cpu temps. you could have 5 case fans and a areo cool 7 and the temps would be the same if you had 7 case fans and a areo cooler 7
What if you had one case fan with the best CPU heatsink known to man? It does make a difference.

Originally posted by Grammar Nazi
What if you had one case fan with the best CPU heatsink known to man? It does make a difference.

the only place it makes a difference is the "case" temps not the cpu.

I may as well store my computer parts in an oven, since CPU heatsinks magically teleport cold air from some unknown location, even if the surrounding air in the case is hot due to poor ventilation.

Case fans directly affect the air of the temperature inside the case. Specifically, by sucking cooler air in from outside and exhausting hot air. The CPU fan cools the CPU to a certain number of degrees above the temperature of the air in the case. So the cooler the air in the case, the cooler your CPU will be.

Of course, you could have a dozen fans in your case, but if you haven't planned your airflow properly it won't do you much good.

Back