Extra 1GB from Dropbox - Dropquest 2011

no clue.

dropbox basically puts a folder on your computer that automatically syncs everything in it with dropbox servers. it also automatically downloads everything from the server to all computers linked to your account. so you install it once on all your computers, and you always have your files. Also, you can access them via web browser.

Thank you. Got my free gig.

Dropbox is great. I use it with my android phone for transferring stuff without the usb cable and I can also access the file wherever I am on my phone. You can also put any file/s into the public folder and share it with people with a simple link. They don't even need to install dropbox to download said file.

glad you guys are getting some use out of it! I'm a big dropbox fan.

Finished this in just under two hours on Saturday when they started it. It was actually a lot of fun figuring the different steps out.

What do people usually use this for? I have heard of it but never checked it out. What are some real world uses you guys use it for?

I use it for homework, so I can work on it on my laptop than have it on my desktop automagically.

I use it for homework, so I can work on it on my laptop than have it on my desktop automagically.

me too. I keep all of my school files on it. Not only does this make a great backup (in addition to other backup methods), but it makes it so I can literally have all of my files on any computer at anytime. Works great if you are constantly going between a laptop and desktop, or if you ever need to use someone else's computer. Also, you can setup a shared folder and allow others to access files from the dropbox server. Works well if you have something you want to share all the time.

What do people usually use this for? I have heard of it but never checked it out. What are some real world uses you guys use it for?

It's basically like a free personal FTP that ends up being 10 times easier to use than a normal FTP. Send links for people to download, and sync files across all platforms (pc, mac, android, iphone, etc, etc)

This guy already summed it up pretty much for most average use --->

Dropbox is great. I use it with my android phone for transferring stuff without the usb cable and I can also access the file wherever I am on my phone. You can also put any file/s into the public folder and share it with people with a simple link. They don't even need to install dropbox to download said file.

You can pretty much have a universal program (on your pc, laptop, phone, and TV if you have those HDTV apps). You then drag any file into the app like pics or video and every one of those devices can get the file. It's like an easy FTP.

Then, another plus is like he said, you can send links to people to download stuff (directly from your dropbox, without having to wait or make an account themself)

Stuck on slide puzzle, I hate them. I cant go further than Step 18. Step 19 on the cheat sheet isnt whats at the link. Step 20 requires the puzzle to be done. :(

Followed the steps on that page and ended up with 3.3GB, no idea how but that's what I've got.

Thanks, OP...

Stuck on slide puzzle, I hate them. I cant go further than Step 18. Step 19 on the cheat sheet isnt whats at the link. Step 20 requires the puzzle to be done. :(

I didn't solve the puzzle - when you get to that page, you simply get the next link in the cheat guide and load that link, it'll "solve" the puzzle for you, at least it did for me. In fact, the only thing I had to do overall was copy/paste a few of the numbers/words as requested, that was it (and I filled out the Sudoku puzzle with the appropriate letters manually, of course).

I didn't solve the puzzle - when you get to that page, you simply get the next link in the cheat guide and load that link, it'll "solve" the puzzle for you, at least it did for me. In fact, the only thing I had to do overall was copy/paste a few of the numbers/words as requested, that was it (and I filled out the Sudoku puzzle with the appropriate letters manually, of course).

You were right. I just went ahead and it worked. Thanks

Hugely popular with smartphone users especially on Android phones. I can take a pic and share it with everyone with it being hosted on my own dropbox account in about 1min.
Or for instance when in an IRC channel on my phone and someone in the channel wants to share a file with everyone else, they can upload it to dropbox and then link everyone to a download of the file really fast. Tons of uses. Its on the fly, instant file hosting and sharing and has a very nice Android app to go with.

Signed up and got the 3.3Gigs! Shared a folder with my work PC and got another 2Gig account. Now I can keep certain work files for viewing at home. Thank you, OP!

fuck its too hard i cant be bothered, spent 10 minutes fucking with that slide puzzle thing....waste of time

^^ditto....worked 10mins on the puzzle and skipped to the rest...

thanks op. good stuff.

Back