• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

external sound card options.

Leright

2[H]4U
Joined
May 24, 2002
Messages
2,604
I have an A8N32-SLI mobo and I already have SLI 7800gts. That means my only non-pci-e slots available are between my video cards, and that space is currently occupied by a bunch or cables that can't go anywhere else, plus I don't want heat to be a major issue. So my only option for sound card upgrades is to get an external card. What external USB based audio solutions are there? I would like to spend no more than 150 bucks for the audio. So, what would you recommend? I would like something similar to the x-fi or audigy 4 in quality. I am aware of the extigy, which is based on the audigy 1, but I would like to go higher end than that. Any help is greatly appreciated.
 
How about upgrading the cables to some long round ones so they can go somewhere else?
 
Chastity said:
How about upgrading the cables to some long round ones so they can go somewhere else?

well, the cables are the audio cables that connect to the motherboard, and the cable must be routed between the video cards. However, if I replace the sound card, then those cables will no longer connect there, I suppose. It would still be a tight squeeze.
 
Back
Top