• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

External PSUs. Where can I buy them?

Vieo

n00b
Joined
Oct 19, 2005
Messages
30
I'm looking for an external PSU within maybe the 200 - 350 wattage range, but can't seem to find any. I've been to www.mini-box.com, but their highest is 150watts. Also, I know about the XG Magnum, but given that it's 600 watts, that's overkill.

If such a thing exists and you know where I can purchase one, please post up some links. Thanks. =)
 
But it's a Mini-ITX case. Will I really need 600w for a Mini-ITX motherboard and one videocard? =P

You can get a single slot card in this case but I just don't know of too many single slot gaming grade GPUs.
 
You can get a single slot card in this case but I just don't know of too many single slot gaming grade GPUs.

When I say "gaming", I mean between Quake 3 and Team Fortress 2, not Crysis and Modern Warfare 2.

I have a really good gaming PC already, but I want to build one that will fit in this box and run at least TF2 or greater depending on how much power I can reasonably cram in there. Also, I want it to run Windows 7 nicely as well.
 
When I say "gaming", I mean between Quake 3 and Team Fortress 2, not Crysis and Modern Warfare 2.

I have a really good gaming PC already, but I want to build one that will fit in this box and run at least TF2 or greater depending on how much power I can reasonably cram in there. Also, I want it to run Windows 7 nicely as well.
Older stuff? One of these would work just awesomely for it (hell, I'm still getting some decent mileage out of my 9600 GSO!)

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161309
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814161317
 
I see that the case can fit an internal ATX power supply, but you dont have to use a full size ATX PS in it.

Have you considered the microAtx and miniITX power supplies that newegg sells? They come in some good intermediate wattages. Might leave with enough room. Brand selection isn't too hot though.
 
Back
Top