• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

External HD - how loud is normal?

hagbard

Limp Gawd
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
293
I picked up an Acomdata 160gb drive the other day, and it appears to be rather loud.

I don't know if the sounds its making are within the normal range or not, it is about as loud as I remember drives being around five years ago. I hear the "tick, tick, tick" of seeking about six feet away, and much louder when writing lots of data. This one is actually a replacement for one that was just as loud, and that one vibrated (this one doesn't)


Now, is it because its just easier to hear all these sounds in an external drive?
 
Back
Top