trckn4life
Limp Gawd
- Joined
- Sep 5, 2006
- Messages
- 213
thecus n1050 HD/Camcorder Problem
I have a problem with an external enclosure (thecus n1050) that is formatted Fat32 (with a 120 Gig Western Digital Drive). The camcorder is a Sony HDR-SR1 (it has a 30GB drive builtin). http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...oductSKU=HDRSR1
Well, when I hook up the camcorder into the n1050, I turn the hd to copy mode, wait a little bit, the camcorder seems to recognize it. I press the copy button and nothing seems to happen. The HD activity light doesn't flash at all. But, I can hook up this external drive into the computer and it works fine to transfer files etc. Also, the camcorder works fine plugged into the pc. I'm looking for some help. A guy on here claims he got it to work
http://www.sonyhdvinfo.com/showthread.php?t=5949&page=5
Do you think the hard drive not having a jumper to designate master could be part of the problem? I just thought about this after I came home tonight. Sony seemed to be of little help on the web and phone. I e-mailed thecus. If you have any ideas or anything I'd appreciate it.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I also put it in the HD forum. I wasn't sure where it should go.
I have a problem with an external enclosure (thecus n1050) that is formatted Fat32 (with a 120 Gig Western Digital Drive). The camcorder is a Sony HDR-SR1 (it has a 30GB drive builtin). http://www.sonystyle.com/is-bin/INT...oductSKU=HDRSR1
Well, when I hook up the camcorder into the n1050, I turn the hd to copy mode, wait a little bit, the camcorder seems to recognize it. I press the copy button and nothing seems to happen. The HD activity light doesn't flash at all. But, I can hook up this external drive into the computer and it works fine to transfer files etc. Also, the camcorder works fine plugged into the pc. I'm looking for some help. A guy on here claims he got it to work
http://www.sonyhdvinfo.com/showthread.php?t=5949&page=5
Do you think the hard drive not having a jumper to designate master could be part of the problem? I just thought about this after I came home tonight. Sony seemed to be of little help on the web and phone. I e-mailed thecus. If you have any ideas or anything I'd appreciate it.
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum I also put it in the HD forum. I wasn't sure where it should go.