External Hard Drive Recommendation

kage

n00b
I have the Asus N61JQ-X1 notebook and I'm looking in purchasing an external hard drive, so that I can use it to rip my audio cds into one of the lossless audio formats. I'm looking to spend up to $125 for a external hard drive. My computer has a usb 3.0 port and an e-sata port. Please recommend which brand of external hard drive is the best one to get within my price range.

A recommendation is to get a good external enclosure (less than $50) and pair that up with your sata hard drive of choice. Try to get a drive with either 500 GB or 667 GB platters for the most speed and energy efficiency.

A big reason for getting these separately is the warranty. With externals it is the enclosure can and will die (even more likely then the drive) and then it puts you in the awkward place that you can either get your warranty or open the enclosure to remove the working drive to get your data. However the drive may have been the item to die and opening the enclosure will void the warranty..

Western Digital are the best external hard drives. You can choose a very good hard drive for $125.

Back