I got a external hard drive for my computer, its a Excelstor inside it.
The thing makes a big damn noise! I've never had an IDE drive in a while, used SATAs for a few years now.. are all IDEs like this? Kind of buzzing sound, you can hear it repetitively when it defrags and does backups. Its not a clicking failing kind of noise..
Just wondering if its normal for the noise as my seagate/samsung SATA drives are so quiet!
Any tools I can run on to check its health anyway, something that uses SMART?
Thanks!
The thing makes a big damn noise! I've never had an IDE drive in a while, used SATAs for a few years now.. are all IDEs like this? Kind of buzzing sound, you can hear it repetitively when it defrags and does backups. Its not a clicking failing kind of noise..
Just wondering if its normal for the noise as my seagate/samsung SATA drives are so quiet!
Any tools I can run on to check its health anyway, something that uses SMART?
Thanks!