• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

External gaming cards

Ronco

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Oct 6, 2005
Messages
1,308
I haven't the faintest idea where to look for this, so I thought I'd ask here. Currently my two main 'luggables' consist of the HP nx9420 and Macbook Pro. Both have 17" screens, both have 2.16Ghz Core Duos and both have X1600's. I was at a friends house the other day with us working on these two machines and later we played BF2 with the Macbook running in Boot Camp, and in fact the hardware spec is surprisingly playable for games. So I figured I might as well stick CS:S as well as BF2 on these machines. So I'm looking at sound and wondering if there's anything out there which can work a little of that X-Fi magic over USB or Firewire. I'm looking for better headphone modes and CPU offloading if that'll help push framerates up. If it offers better sound, that would also be a bonus. Does such a thing exist?
 
Back
Top