External enclosure problems

sinitry23

Weaksauce
I just purchase some generic brand enclosure. I installed a 3.5" 120gb hard drive into the enclosure and attached the USB wire to the computer. Once I powered on the external hard drive I see windows detect the new USB device. After it detects it a small message appears saying fail to install properly. Therefore I can not use my external hard drive.

What can I do to fix this? I've try a 2nd hard drive and still the same problem. I made sure the jumpers on both hard drive is set to master. Do you think the enclosure is defective? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Please advise thank you

sinitry23 said:
I just purchase some generic brand enclosure. I installed a 3.5" 120gb hard drive into the enclosure and attached the USB wire to the computer. Once I powered on the external hard drive I see windows detect the new USB device. After it detects it a small message appears saying fail to install properly. Therefore I can not use my external hard drive.

What can I do to fix this? I've try a 2nd hard drive and still the same problem. I made sure the jumpers on both hard drive is set to master. Do you think the enclosure is defective? Has anyone else experienced a similar problem? Please advise thank you

Try removing the jumpers completely or setting them to cable select.
That worked for me on one of my drives.

Back