external enclosure and harddrive help

VashX

n00b
I was planning to get an external harddrive for my laptop, and I was thinking that I should get an external enclosure with a harddrive instead so I don't have to worry about the external hd malfunctioning and buying a new one; so with the enclosure, I can just easily change the HD or whatever.

So I searched Newegg and decided on this for the enclosure and this for the hd.

Will these two work together?

As I was searching for hd's, I saw that there were two options for IDE (ata100 and ata133). The internal interface for the enclosure is IDE but it wasn't specific, so I wasn't sure if the enclosure accepts both interfaces.
Does this mean that the enclosure accepts both? In the end I'll probably go with ata100 since the Seagate I want is ata100 but I just want to know for future reference.

All external 3.5" enclosures will work with all 3.5" IDE drives. This includes swapping a Maxtor drive into a Western Digital enclosure and every other combination. All the 'enclosure' consists of is a plastic shell, an IDE->USB/Firewire controller, a power switch, and a USB/Firewire port on the back. Don't confuse yourself, everything is standardized.

Back