External Drive Problem

bunnytrigger

Weaksauce
Joined
Jun 2, 2003
Messages
88
Just bought a XIMETA 120GB NDU10-120 External. Transfered bout 30 GB of info into it and after a little while the drive started makin a ticking/clicking noise. I am not able to accesss it or even browse the drive at times. Is there anyway the information can be recovered?

I spoke th tech support and they dont promise to save the information ifi send it in for them to fix it. So I prefer totry to do it myself. Is there any tools out there i can use?

Appreciate your help in advance, I googled and found nthing :(
 
Try removing the drive from its container and plugging it directly into the motherboard. This eliminates the PSU and interface of the container as a problem cause.

 
how do i get it out, i cant figure it out :(

tech supposrt said "take it to recovery palce" prolbem is, there is non around my small town.... i am not worried about losing the dirve itself, nor the warranty, jsut want my info back

:) ty on your help
 
well....the drive looks like this

http://tonytalkstech.com/images/Ximeta_NetDisk.gif

it has one small hole on each side along the black plastic. It seems that is like a push on, but it really is not. I kinda try forcing it being careful of not breakin the case, and i did see teh screws you want me to unscrew :) . GOnna try to not break it so i can get my money back thoug :) but if i have to break it oh welll. anybody has opened one of this???
 
i was able to take the drive out of the case and installed it on my pc as a slave drive. I tried to access it but of course windows says is not formatted. Does that mean the information still there???

is there anyway the retreive it? thru a dos window or something?
 
Look up the "freezer trick" and try that. If it's clicking, that's usually enough of a remedy to get the data off before RMA.

 
Back
Top