External display problem (Dell)

Printhanox

n00b
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
26
Hey. So I have a Dell 700m laptop that I take with me to college. The 12 inch screen gets a bit inconvenient sometimes, so I decided to connect it to the Dell 2001fp (LCD) that I have connected to my gaming PC at home (the plan is to take the monitor back with me). The monitor works fine on my desktop, but when connected to the laptop, the image quality is very noticably reduced, to the point of being distracting.

The desktop has a 6800 ultra and is connected through DVI, while the laptop has Intel Extreme (!!!!) graphics, and is connected with VGA. I can't imagine that the integrated Intel graphics would have that much trouble with an LCD monitor?

I am using a standard Belkin VGA cable that I purchased from Best Buy. As soon as possible, I will try the cable with a different computer.

I have loaded the Dell 2001fp drivers onto the laptop, and this has not accomplished anything.


Besides this, does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you very much.
 
Back
Top