external cable management

ben5

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any Suggestions on tidying up the 1230981230 external cables we have connected to our computers? like the router/broadband/displays/etc. It needs to be flexible and be able to easily interchange wires and be able to accommodate different different cable lengths. http://www.amazon.com/Monster-CIT-M...IZOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302838826&sr=8-1
i was thinking about buying the link above. thoughts/opinions?

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I want to say The Home Depot sells pretty much the same thing for much cheaper, don't quote me on that though.

Seems a lot to pay for a cable tidy, i'd look elsewhere.

I personally just use a million zip-ties, which is ok as you can't really see much under/the back of my desk.

Yeah ive gone the ziptie route, it was okay; but im a bit OCD about it. Anyways im going to check out home depot later this week, hopefully they have it.

Seems a lot to pay for a cable tidy, i'd look elsewhere.

I personally just use a million zip-ties, which is ok as you can't really see much under/the back of my desk.

I use these velcro-powered wraps to keep all my external cables together. Got all kinds of USB cables, LAN, speaker, monitor, etc., and I bundle them all together to where they all plug into the back of my tower. That's all good, but I need a way to manage cables when some of them are longer than others.

x509

03k7660s1.jpg

These are amazing. I buy them 40 at a time.
Lee Valley Round Releasable Cable Clamps

I use cable clamps, as well as tubing to route the cables. I have it zip tied to my desk where all the cables then break out

I recommend spirial wrap. Maplins(or the American equilvant) should have some. Its cheap too. They usually come in a bag of 10 meters worth(I don't know what that is in imperial measurements).

Anyone have any Suggestions on tidying up the 1230981230 external cables we have connected to our computers? like the router/broadband/displays/etc. It needs to be flexible and be able to easily interchange wires and be able to accommodate different different cable lengths. http://www.amazon.com/Monster-CIT-M...IZOI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302838826&sr=8-1
i was thinking about buying the link above. thoughts/opinions?

You can get it much cheaper on Ebay. Search for spirial wrap.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I take my useless 100pack cd/dvd cake boxes and cut out two holes on the sides to route cables/wires. Spiral cables/wires around spindle, hide/mount cake box...FLAWLESS VICTORY.

I take my useless 100pack cd/dvd cake boxes and cut out two holes on the sides to route cables/wires. Spiral cables/wires around spindle, hide/mount cake box...FLAWLESS VICTORY.

Sounds great. Can you post any pictures! :)

Back