• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

External +5V/+12V Power Connector - WHY?

Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
810
Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but why would you need to have an, or some, external female Molex connector on the back (outside) of your PSU? I know it's for external peripherals, but what peripheral takes that sort of connection? Custom water cooling jobs? :confused:
 
SnakePlissken said:
awsiemieniec what make is that psu that has that option.

Several of the upper end Antec have that option. Comes in handy once and a while. I think it starts on the 380s and a few above that.
 
It would be nice to plug in fans, controllers, etc. to test them out etc. before without having to open up the case and plug them into the existing mess. Watercooling seems like a good reason too. Not a bad idea me thinks.
 
while not all that common in supplies,
it would be a rather simple mod to make an external port ;)

If you do find it useful
 
I just might have to do that. As soon as a get around to doing all those other things I've put off. Like installing my NV5 silencer, cleaning up the wire mess behind my desk. :(
 
Back
Top