• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

External 4-bay RAID 5 controller w/eSATA

kumquat

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Dec 7, 2005
Messages
5,269
I'm looking for a 4-bay RAID 5 controller with eSATA to use with WHS 2011. Right now I've got 4 2TB drives on a Dell Perc/5i controller and I really want to move the server to an ITX system with an external enclosure to save space and possibly power.

I'm using 3x2TB Hitachi HDS5C3020ALA632 and 1x2TB WD Green EARS drives in the RAID array, which have been working very well for quite a long time with the Perc 5/i.

I plan on using eSATA for connectivity, and would like something as inexpensive as reasonably possible.
 
Back
Top