I'm looking for your opinion on a good 3.5in. external case that fits a sata drive. It needs to have a connection to the computer and some fan to actively cool the drive. I've done some looking around and on Newegg they have these three cases:
Kingwin SS-350S-BK External Enclosuer - Retail $24.99 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817146318
E-Power EP-301SA External Enclosure $33.85 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817155903
Athena Power EB-2318SU2S External Enclosure $55.99 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145006
The Kingwin and E-Power are more in my pricerange, but could go for the Athena if it's overall better. I don't understand the process, but I'd like it if I could hotswap these with no need to shutdown the computer. Could someone that has used something like this explain the process that I'd go through if I bought one of these three units? I've seen a few of these enclosures that connect the power directly to your psu - you can't hotswap these can you?
Any other recommendations on good external 3.5in Sata enclosures that I haven't listed? I'll be buying 3-4 of these and they will be used to backup data. They'll be on a rotation. 1 plugged in to the computer and the others in a large fireproof safe - possibly even 1 off site.
Any opinions and insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
-MN Scout
ps. They'll be holding 500-750gb drives. Idk if that's important or not.
Kingwin SS-350S-BK External Enclosuer - Retail $24.99 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817146318
E-Power EP-301SA External Enclosure $33.85 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817155903
Athena Power EB-2318SU2S External Enclosure $55.99 + shipping
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817145006
The Kingwin and E-Power are more in my pricerange, but could go for the Athena if it's overall better. I don't understand the process, but I'd like it if I could hotswap these with no need to shutdown the computer. Could someone that has used something like this explain the process that I'd go through if I bought one of these three units? I've seen a few of these enclosures that connect the power directly to your psu - you can't hotswap these can you?
Any other recommendations on good external 3.5in Sata enclosures that I haven't listed? I'll be buying 3-4 of these and they will be used to backup data. They'll be on a rotation. 1 plugged in to the computer and the others in a large fireproof safe - possibly even 1 off site.
Any opinions and insight would be appreciated. Thanks.
-MN Scout
ps. They'll be holding 500-750gb drives. Idk if that's important or not.