• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

External 2 drive SATA enclosure?

Firebomb

[H]ard|Gawd
Joined
Jul 21, 2002
Messages
1,692
I hopped on the 500/250gb Seagate deal last week, and am looking for something to put the drives in.

Option A is to build a system just for those drives (actually, I have 3 drives I could put in the system).

Option B, which is more desirable, is to have some external solution that will hold both drives, without any RAID array setups. I'd like to them to act as individual drives, but in a single case.

A NAS would be nice, but likely too expensive, and I don't want anything that requires proprietary software to be installed on client systems.


Budget is limited to $140 in this endeavour. Option A, I have a case and PSU, but only have $140 for a mobo, cpu, RAM, and maybe a SATA card if the mobo doesn't have any ports.
 
This might be a better option, except for the fact that it's USB-connected not esata. Or that might be a plus :p In any case, it's designed for 3.5" hard drives, not 5.25" cd/dvd drives. You'd need a metal bracket to hold the 3.5" drives in the 5.25" space with the one linked above.

 
oops, posted this on my friend's account. Guess I forgot to log him off.

I'll look into those drives.

USB is preferable to SATA, as they're to be connected to laptops.
 
Back
Top