Extending eight-pin CPU power cable.

grandmaster

Limp Gawd
I've just bought a NZXT Whisper case and while it lives up to its quiet billing and massive internal space, I am finding that the distance between the eight-pin CPU power slot on the motherboard and the power supply (a Xigmatek 850w job), is about 1-2 inches too short for the supplied cable (it is a modular PSU).

The four-pin CPU power cable is *just about* long enough, but it is stretched tight and I am not happy about the way the expansion card slots are being interfered with by this rogue cable. Plus I'd obviously prefer to be using the proper eight-pin cable.

Is there such a thing as a eight-pin cable extender? Are these cables standard between PSUs and if so, could I source a replacement?

I've just bought a NZXT Whisper case and while it lives up to its quiet billing and massive internal space, I am finding that the distance between the eight-pin CPU power slot on the motherboard and the power supply (a Xigmatek 850w job), is about 1-2 inches too short for the supplied cable (it is a modular PSU).

The four-pin CPU power cable is *just about* long enough, but it is stretched tight and I am not happy about the way the expansion card slots are being interfered with by this rogue cable. Plus I'd obviously prefer to be using the proper eight-pin cable.

Is there such a thing as a eight-pin cable extender? Are these cables standard between PSUs and if so, could I source a replacement?

I bought an 8-pin extender from Newegg, but found them much cheaper on e-bay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/12-inches-Power...66:2|39:1|72:1205|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back