Extending Aruba 205H access point

farscapesg1

2[H]4U
Looking for options to extend the coverage of my remote access point for work
http://www.arubanetworks.com/products/networking/access-points/205h/

The unit is horrible about penetrating walls, let alone exterior walls. I would like to extend the coverage to my covered deck (if/when we get it built) so I can take Skype calls outside. Hell.. I can't even host Skype calls from my living room with just a kitchen and a wall between myself and the AP without audio drops.

Work isn't exactly being helpful... which I understand since they are already providing the AP in the first place and I'm asking to extend a perk that they don't have to provide :) Just looking to see if anyone is familiar with these and if there is a relatively cheap extension option.

Did your company just send you the AP for you to setup however you want, or does it "phone home" back to corporate to get you on their network when you are connected to it? If the latter, that would mean they manage it already and you wouldn't be able to just add an AP on your own and roam seamlessly as you'd like.

Did your company just send you the AP for you to setup however you want, or does it "phone home" back to corporate to get you on their network when you are connected to it? If the latter, that would mean they manage it already and you wouldn't be able to just add an AP on your own and roam seamlessly as you'd like.
Thanks.. it's the latter. They configure it, ship it out, connect to home internet and wait for it to "phone home" and configure itself.

Darn... I guess it gets to sit in the office window (west facing, so full sun during the upcoming Tennessee summer :p ). That's the only way I can get a signal on the deck.

Back