Extended antenna VS wireless repeater?

YamahaAlex37

[H]ard|Gawd
Get a second access point, routers don't make good access points

great thanks do you think that rosewill antenna will work with any pci N card, or should i stick with the one in the combo?

there is a reason Rosewill brand is cheaper then anything else out there; the quality is usually down there with the price as well. the only rosewill device that i have that also works, is a hard drive dock that i got for free with purchase of a hard drive. i have plenty of stuff that says rosewill on it, not much of it works.

a decent wireless router would be able to throw a signal much farther than 25 feet. for an additional $2 you could have gotten a Linksys WRT54G2 which would have worked to begin with. its not wireless-N but yours doesnt do wireless N speeds either, and the point is moot because it cant go faster then 10/100mbps anyway. you can stream TV on 54Mbps. since you only need an access point now, you should look into a BUFFALO WHR-G300N. cheap but will still outperform rosewill.

there is a reason Rosewill brand is cheaper then anything else out there; the quality is usually down there with the price as well. the only rosewill device that i have that also works, is a hard drive dock that i got for free with purchase of a hard drive. i have plenty of stuff that says rosewill on it, not much of it works.

a decent wireless router would be able to throw a signal much farther than 25 feet. for an additional $2 you could have gotten a Linksys WRT54G2 which would have worked to begin with. its not wireless-N but yours doesnt do wireless N speeds either, and the point is moot because it cant go faster then 10/100mbps anyway. you can stream TV on 54Mbps. since you only need an access point now, you should look into a BUFFALO WHR-G300N. cheap but will still outperform rosewill.

lol... i know a lot of people rag on rosewill but I also know a lot of people that really like them, but it's nice to hear your opinion. rosewill is not cheaper than every other brand, usually buffalo is. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...less n router&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20
it also get's really good reviews. it also does 150mbps vs that 54. Also, my laptop is N, and this HTPC will be, so I wanted to take advantage. and why are you talking about 25ft? this room is 50-75ft feet through at least 4 walls, and I know from reviews that any other router gets ~ 3 bars in that condition. According to the other 2 posts, a router is a bad idea for an access points, so i'll stick with the antenna, because in every review it took the 3 bars and boosted it to 5, thanks tho.

Back