I'm in the same boat, and sadly, to my knowledge, none of the major manufacturers have any plan of EVER making an ExpressCard soundcard (I had a nice 30 minute talk with a creative rep. regarding the idiocy of pursuing PCMCIA sound cards ... and then not planning on making an ExpressCard equivalent ... when ExpressCard is becoming the new standard).
Anyways, sorry for the bad news :/ If i find otherwise i'll post it here, and likewise if anyone knows of any GOOD ExpressCard sound cards that exist, I would also like to know
You have no idea man, I have called the before to prove a point to a freind. I asked about TWO different products they offered and they didn't know what I was refering to. That is not all I emailed them to ask about a feature and I got 4 different answers from them. The tech support really need to be trained alot better especially when they are teir one reps.
Let me guess, did you ask them about these types of cards and they said they didn't have one?
I seen that card the other day and was gonna post it for you.
O trust me friend, I feel you're pain. I have dealt with Creative on many occasions, and im quite pissed off at them in general. Especially since there are so few options out there for good sound hardware. And no, i demanded to speak to the techs supervisor, and then asked to speak to the supervisors manager =P.
He knew what I was talking about, but like all the other idiots at Creative did not understand the logic in, well, common sense. Its funny that I used to have such hatred for Dell, but now that I own a dell laptop, comparing Dell's tech support to Creatives is like comparing heaven to hell ... and that says a lot about just how crappy Creative tech support is.
I know exactly what they are like. I have called them from time to time and put them on speaker phone as a source of amusment when bored with freinds. It's hard to listen to them and not laugh. I don't understand how they got the job in the first place.