Explosion At Apple Supplier Injures 57 Workers

Maybe they just aren't reported but can anyone name off another company that has this many incidents in the last five years? I can't think of a single company that has had this many issues.

This is why I posted Foxconn assuming that you're talking about previous Apple news regarding suicides. See my previous post...I know the headline is from Pegatron owned company.

It's 57 chinese. They were replaced instantaneously. No assembly required.

So either Apple or someone else owes China 47 and a 1/2 cents, right?

Can we pay these people higher wages please.

The urge to bash Apple here is overwhelming. But it's been a long time coming - I've been anti-Apple since the days of C-64 vs Apple IIe :)
That being said - I think they've always made GOOD products, and many were revolutionary. This Chistmas I have caved (in my 'No Apple products under MY roof!' philosophy) to get my daughter an iPod4. When she unwraps it she'll know that a little part of me died inside, but she's worth it ;)

I'd just like to know where in the process shaping an aluminum panel and potential explosion would coincide ???

Aluminum dust. The right concentration and a spark makes boom. Almost any dust will do the same from wheat to coal and all the metals.

Are you suggesting they mold aluminum panels thru injection of molten previously powdered metal ? I naturally assumed a stamping process.

Either that, or they were milling aluminum blocks out and didn't have a proper filter on the dust removal system.

I just bought my wife the Macbook Pro whatever edition.

I've been sitting in my office wearing an army helmet with my fingers crossed ever since.:D

This is stupid...if it wasn't apple you wouldn't have even posted this story.

Where to fuck do you think all of the shit in your elite gaming rigs comes from? Yeah...China.

My Video Card says it comes from Mexico, you fail!!

(sticking up for you steve!)

Aluminum dust. The right concentration and a spark makes boom. Almost any dust will do the same from wheat to coal and all the metals.

You ever see a video of half filled corn silos going up? Those are some big booms.

Apple doesn't HAVE these issues. Apple is just ONE of MANY companies who do business China to get their shit made. The reason Apple gets picked on the most is because the media loves to stir shit up, and the bigger the company, the more fun it is to throw shit on their face.

No its the trade off of having the media also lick your .

lolchina. Though this could happen with any company, not just Apple. For some reason Apple seems to have more incidents though, but probably just because of the volume. Everything comes out of the same factories more or less. Though, in that pic, it looks more like a crack house. lmao

As other's have said, dust can be surprisingly flammable. To quote the article itself:

A separate explosion at a Foxconn factory back in Spring was attributed to poor extraction of combustible aluminum dust.

When you think of 'lowest bidder Chinese workshops' the first thought probably isn't 'Risk assessments and robust health and safety policies' my money is on poor extraction.

As for the argument that the 'media' is out to get Apple. Apple courts the media enthusiastically, Apple and it's fans are quite happy with the perception that portable music player = iPod, Smartphone= iPhone, tablet = iPad.
Their relentless marketing that the only way is the Apple way? That coin has a flipside, deal with it.

Back